The Escapist features a hands on preview on Civilization V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Escapist features a hands on preview on Civilization V

Russ Pitts writes a 4 page story about him being packed into a hot New York City room with a couple of others to enjoy his first hands on 45 minutes of Civ 5. The article tells about the struggle he had to enjoy Civilization 5 in only 45 minutes! The ticking clock while there's so much to explore.

"At this point I'd been playing for 44 minutes, 30 seconds. My PR rep was approaching to kick me off the computer. I was sweating, not just from the stifling New York City heat, but from the anticipation of an all-or-nothing gamble. I may have only had less than an hour with the game, but I'd already been sucked in." Pitts writes.

To article doesn't offer much, if any, news about Civ V, except that it's a good read and maybe foretelling how each of us may experience our first attempt to beat the odds.

Read the article here

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

I think it all sounds very promising. My only concern is the implications of his statement that his favorite version is civ3!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Civ3 = worst Civ to date.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What about CivRev? Do you not even count that, or is it better than 3? I never played CivRev, so I can't be sure...
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

CivRev was ****ing terrible.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
          X