Giant. Death. Robot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant. Death. Robot.

2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.

Biggest Baddest Unit in Civilization V

The time has come, Civilization V fans, to reveal to you the biggest, baddest, most awesome unit in Civilization V:

Giant. Death. Robot.

I'll let the Civilopedia do the talking:

The "Giant Death Robot" is a giant bipedal mechanical robot armed with a variety of missiles, Gatling gun arms, laser-beam eyes and a deadly kung-fu punch. Although not currently found in the modern battlefield, no doubt across the world governments and evil corporations are secretly developing these metal behemoths even as we speak. When these robots come into service, all of the world's other weaponry will become obsolete, and humanity's fate will be decided by a climactic battle between armies of good and evil Giant Death Robots in the streets of downtown Tokyo (assuming that the giant radioactive monsters don't get us first.)

How about some unit stats?

Combat Strength: 150
    Movement: 3
    Required Resource: Uranium
    Required Tech: Nuclear Fusion
    Penalty Attacking Cities
    No Defensive Bonuses
    Can Move After Attacking

Yeah. I thought you might like that.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Boo. Giant robot walkers will never exist for military applications. They're not practical. Tanks are far superior for a number of reasons.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Jesus ****ing Christ, what a TERRIBLE ****ing idea.

Seriously. What the ****ing **** is going on over there at Firaxis? Did 2K mandate lobotomies for all staff members?

What the ****?!
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

But this is just for special scenarios, not the normal game, right?

Right?

Comment

at the description like it's some cool awesome thing that people have been either salivating over the possibility of having or will look at it and be like "OMG! AWESOME! Why didn't I think of that?!"

Yeah. I thought you might like that.

Oh well. I probably wasn't going to play Civ5 anyway. Never played Civ4. Civ5 doesn't seem like it's going to be that good of a game.

laser-beam eyes and a deadly kung-fu punch
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Boo. Giant robot walkers will never exist for military applications. They're not practical. Tanks are far superior for a number of reasons.
            Never say never. Quite possible that in low gravity they are more practical due to ability of jumping...
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
            certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I JUST CAME IN MY PANTS

Here's what I want, Giant Death Robots, I don't care what they have to do to get them into the game, but there must be giant death robots. And there must be a wide variety of giant death robots, there should be plasma cannon wielding giant death robots. Ones that just pound things with their...
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection View Post
                I JUST CAME IN MY PANTS
                QFT
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

And precisely when will low-gravity arrive on Earth, pray tell?

Al: Civ4 is, truly truly, the greatest strategy game ever made, bar none. I do not grant that title lightly.

I have... reservations about Civ5.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

GDR FOREVER
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      And precisely when will low-gravity arrive on Earth, pray tell?
                      Where did I talked about Earth? I was talking about military applications, as it was quoted. It could be Moon...
                      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Of course HC would love this. And it would be Perfection that pitched the idea to Firaxis back in 2004!

BAN PERFECTION!!!

Comment

Nevermind. I get it.

Comment

GIANT

DEATH

ROBOT
                            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection View Post
                              GIANT

DEATH

ROBOT
                              Yeah. It's going to be in Civ 5 thanks to you. So what?

Comment

Working...
                              X