Installing on Linux using GOG.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing on Linux using GOG.com

I have bought CTP2 on GOG.com today, wanting to install on Linux.
    Everything compiled without problems. To install the data files I adapted the instructions on README.linux, basically copying everything from the GOG Windows Install (installed with wine) and making the required changes.
    It starts well, but when I try to run, I get a "Please make sure the Call to Power 2 CD-ROM is in your CD-ROM drive" error.
    According to this thread the new version disabled the CD-ROM check, but apparently not in the linux branch.
    Could the patch from trunk be applied in the linux branch? I could give it a try, even if it is necessary to make small modifications, but I don't know where to start...

Any help is appreciated.

P.S.: Instead of creating a FAT partition as recommended by README.linux, I used ciopfs. It seems much cleaner as it does exactly what is needed: mount a directory in a case insensitive fashion. Seems to work well.

P.P.S.: Another problem that I had is that the intro movie don't show. I'm not sure if this is related. I'm almost sure that while running ./configure I had some complaint about SDL_ffmpeg, even tough I think it's installed...

Corrected

Ok, never mind.
    I search the svn log and adapted the changes to the linux branch. It worked!

Attached is the patch I used. It would be good if someone with svn access could commit it.

The video issue I talked about is still present. When I run the game I get in the console the message "Mídia não encontrada" (that means "media not found" in Portuguese). Since the message is in Portuguese I assume it is a SDL error because CTP2 doesn't have Portuguese translations. Anyone got a clue?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bolche View Post
      Ok, never mind.
      The video issue I talked about is still present. When I run the game I get in the console the message "Mídia não encontrada" (that means "media not found" in Portuguese). Since the message is in Portuguese I assume it is a SDL error because CTP2 doesn't have Portuguese translations. Anyone got a clue?
      I guess for the videos to play you need a Indeo codec.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

The file keeps coming up as empty (at least for me), if anybody still has the patch can you send it to me via PM or post it again?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ngnetzky View Post
          The file keeps coming up as empty (at least for me)
          Problem fixed.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X