No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've genuinely heard nothing about the prospect of him going - and can see no scuttlebut even on the unofficial forums. But who knows as stranger things have happened.

I see no action is to be taken against him or O'Connor as the "victim" denies being abused. Strange situation given the column inches devoted to the matter the consensus of which seems to have been lock em up and throw away the key (or was that just Paul Ackford's view?).
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Ackford, as the instigator, has gone strangely quiet.

And Willie Mason, moronic Sydney RL identity, who has never played a second of rugby in his life, has signed for Toulon for lots of money. What on earth is that mad, rich Frenchman thinking? SBW was an educated gamble. SBW was a superb athlete with skills. Mason is a hulking lump of meat, close to the wrong side of 30, and a certified prat. I despair. And he's coming off the bench for the Barbarians. I doubt Sky Italy will show it, I'll have to find it online.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Didn't know Geraghty was on the market...Sale missed a trick by not signing him up. Brive...oh dear.

Comment

• So, we've got Powell...we must have Henson too!!!

Gavin Henson says he turned down an offer to stay with Toulon after receiving an "ultimatum" over his Wales career.

Comment

• Good old Gav, spinning the story to his own ends. Danny Cipriani could be available, too. How about Powell, Gav and Cips for a Sale trifecta?
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Seriously if Sale are to have a robust and healthy future in the sport they need to find their own way rather than signing the flotsam and jetsam of the Union world.

Frankly that trifecta would scare the living hell out of me - which primadonna would go off the rails first would be the only question being asked every week - not, for example, whether Sale might pick up four points.

Ackford - he has an acrimonious history with Tigers and every so often it tends to lead to excessive zeal on his part. He definitely fell out with Johnson at some point in the nineties and I have a feeling that he encountered the young Cockerill in that canny little hookers nascent career - I'll try to find out.
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Congratulation to the Sarries players. We simply didn't get into the game until it was too late.

Maybe Cockerill will call it a day now Finbar.

Comment

• Well, it looked to me like Leicester turned up trying to out-Sarries Sarries. Sarries did it better, and actually chanced their arm with some decent stuff from the backs. Woods was mainly AWOL again, and I think Sarries starting with the Saffer scrummy got them off on the right foot. Wigglesworth is a lump, and the only time I ever see Sarries look threatening is when the Saffer is on the field. And, cripes, that Saffa hooker has some energy, commitment, strength and amazing skills. All up, they outplayed you, and would have been stiff to lose. I don't think it was Cockers' finest strategic hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                    Seriously if Sale are to have a robust and healthy future in the sport they need to find their own way rather than signing the flotsam and jetsam of the Union world.

Frankly that trifecta would scare the living hell out of me - which primadonna would go off the rails first would be the only question being asked every week - not, for example, whether Sale might pick up four points.
                    Well, Fourie is a sound signing.

Didn't get to see Leicester Vs Saracens, just read an 'as it happened' from the BBC. Most disturbing is my dad is doing our geneology. I'm possibly related to Andy Goode

Comment

• Andy Goode? Jeepers, I'm buying shares in all the pie companies in your area.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                        Andy Goode? Jeepers, I'm buying shares in all the pie companies in your area.
                        A good investment.

Comment

• Too many hard, old and wise Barbarian heads for young England. I'm no fan of Sackey but he was better, I thought, than JSD who showed both good and bad sides of his game - lovely try; made to look very ordinary in defence by Visser.

Comment

• http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...n/13613476.stm

Sale Sharks considering Salford City Reds groundshare
                            Page last updated at 08:46 GMT, Wednesday, 1 June 2011 09:46 UK
                            E-mail this to a friend Printable version Salford's new Barton Stadium will be ready for the 2012 Super League season Premiership outfit Sale Sharks are considering a move away from Edgeley Park to rugby league side Salford City Reds' new stadium.

The Reds' £26m City of Salford stadium, which has a capacity of 12,000, is due to officially open next February.

Sale currently groundshare with Stockport County and have already committed to playing there next season.

"We are weighing up all the possibilities," revealed Sharks owner Brian Kennedy.

"There are clearly possibilities in Salford as well as with Edgeley Park and elsewhere. There's a lot of things to consider."

The Barton site, which is situated close to the M60, would be an enticing prospect for Sale, who have seen a decline in attendances in recent years.

And with the Rugby League season running from February to September, there would be little cross over with Union fixtures.

Continue reading the main story Clearly Salford is one option that we are considering very seriously and it's one that the powers that be are keen on
                            Brian Kennedy
                            Kennedy owns Edgeley Park through company Cheshire Sports and County, who were relegated from the Football League this season, currently pay rent.

But he was keen to state that the Premiership side have not ruled out staying at the site and have spoken to council leaders about re-developing the ground, which holds 10,000 spectators.

"We're not yet ready to make a decision and we've also got to consider seriously what's right for Stockport County because that's important to us," added Kennedy.

"We are in the process of working on some initiatives that will help Stockport and hopefully give them the best chance of getting back up into League Two.

"So all these things are a factor right now and are in the boiling pot we are considering and hopefully we'll come up with some initiatives over the next month or so.

"But clearly Salford is one option that we are considering very seriously and it's one that the powers that be are keen on. We're in the process of discussions and negotiations and we don't know where that is going to end."

It has got to happen.

In other news - we're getting to see Henson play this weekend

Comment

• Or pose. Most likely pose.

Comment

• Or throw a forward pass for a try, kick a couple of times and not very well, and, apart from that, be pretty anonymous. Gatland is obviously committed to him, seeing him as a saviour, I expect Gatland will play him in every possible match between now and WC final squad selection time. I thought the younger Welsh players, especially the ones who came off the bench, were the best things about the Welsh performance. They played direct rugby at speed. For the rest of the time it was same old Wales - faffing around, poor decision making. Mighty Baa-Baas effort given they'd had another week of drinking under their belts. Parisse is just a glorious player.

Comment

Working...
                                X