No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manu. Ten weeks for what everyone saw, minus five for what amounts to provocation. A push. Taking no account of Manu's high shot on Ashton off the ball that started the whole affair, worthy of a yellow in itself.

Manu joins the Cueto Club, the Protected Species.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I think the standard of journalism in the Mail is setting new lows - tabloid rubbish.

Five weeks seems very light. Still one must put that in context of players who stick fingers in eyes and get six weeks, or players who perform double spear tackles that break collarbones and escape punishment altogether. SANZAR does not have the high ground over the RFU when it comes to disciplinary committees and protecting international players. it is a widespread problem throughout the game.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• How are these bots getting through?

Yes, it's a widespread problem. The ridiculous irony with the spear tackle issue is that, last season in the SH, tackles that weren't remotely of the spear variety were being deemed as such. Part of the IRB's policy of randomly cracking down on a particular game aspect.

As I recall, the citing commissioner in the BOD case, a Bok, didn't have any actual footage of the incident, only before and after coverage. The cameras had followed the ball. Again, ironically, he cited Lote Tuquiri for a spear tackle on McCaw a season or so later. Cost Lote a long suspension.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Personally I think Leinster will win. Simply a better back row and better in the centers. Leinster took Leceister down, Leceister dominated Northampton, Leinster to dominate the second half.

Should be a good game

Comment

• Hehe, everytime I don't put money on him, he scores...good job Foden.

33 minutes in, Northampton 17, Leinster 3. Suits my bet of Northampton to win the first half and lose in the 2nd. That said, Northampton are playing much, much better than last week and Leinster haven't got any control atm.

Comment

• And with 15 mins left Saints are dead and buried.

A bizarre game - Saints panicked after the second try. They could learn a lot from their east mindlands rivals about mindset.

Leinster have been awesome in the second half - good on them.
              It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                And with 15 mins left Saints are dead and buried.

A bizarre game - Saints panicked after the second try. They could learn a lot from their east mindlands rivals about mindset.

Leinster have been awesome in the second half - good on them.
                Missed the first 20 minutes of the second half - had to pick up car from MOT & Service. Whilst I had predicted Leinster to dominate the second half (like all top quality sides, they are able to adapt).

9 minutes to go...then I get to see some clips showing where it went wrong.

Comment

• Why is Ashton on the pitch? He is clearly not fit...

Comment

• Congratulations Leinster on winning the Heineken Cup! Both teams made it an entertaining match and the Millenium Stadium provides such a wonderful venue.

Oh yes, more than tripled my money

Comment

• I was there - expletively awesome!
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I was away yesterday so recorded it. Watched it today. Fascinating encounter. I think Saints' second half did in some way reflect the torrid match last week. On the other hand, it exposed their weakness as an outfit. They're so reliant on their power game and their options beyond it are limited. As Leicester exposed last week. Havak's right, though, they did panic in that key period after half time. For that matter, Leinster lost the plot defensively for much of the first half. Still, it's a very brave team that returns after half time like Leinster did. Kudos to them. Deserving champions.

Comment

• They are indeed.

And now the domestic matter needs to be settled. Dour Sarries versus pragmatic Leicester. One for the purists I think as the Fez lads will try to slow and close us down whilst our best bet is to try and generate quick ball (getting sucked into an attritional power game will only suit sarries).

And a tricky fixture for you Finbar - neither side being on your Christmas card list?

Comment

• Well, it's that classic tax man -v- one's mother-in-law battle again, isn't it? You hope they slaughter each other with no victor. That aside, and I'll go to Hell for this, I know, but I have to support Leicester. They have a wider variety at their disposal, hence, by my definition, a better team. I'll be interested to see the young Farrell in action. For a child, he's got skills and surprising maturity. I'd love to see him in a less defence-oriented team.

Almost speaking of which, I notice Geraghty is off to France. A waste of his career at Saints. He never fitted their style and his confidence dropped to the point of zilch. I still think he's the most naturally gifted 10 in England, capable of stunning rugby, but he needs the right environment.

Comment

• Geraghty signed for Brive... That's not the best club to go to. It's about as much a club of mercenary players as Toulon, with very few French players, making some supporters a bit unhappy with a team they don't relate to. The results of the club this season were, well, poor. They ended 12th out of 14.
                              I strongly doubt they'll shine next season. Their best player was probably Palisson, and he is leaving. Geraghty may play with some decent, even good, centers, and the rugby they play may fit his style, but I think he's not making a bright move. This club is just not good any more.
                              Clash of Civilization team member
                              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Gee, he makes some dud career choices. From memory he left Irish because he thought they'd gone as far as they were going to go, that Saints had a brighter future. That has proved so, but not with him involved. I'll never forget him cutting Munster to shreds on the gain line a couple of seasons ago and it wasn't a one-off. Such a shame.

The Saints chappie, Mr Mallinder, strikes me as a very civilised fellow. Gracious in victory and defeat. I don't think he's got his recruiting right, and, in concert, he erred in flogging his top-liners (England players aside) just about into the ground throughout the season.

Havak, have you heard any stories about Cockers moving on? I've read a couple of things, including that his house is up for sale, but, of course, he might just be needing a new property, having punched out all the walls in the current one.

Comment

Working...
                                X