Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Fantasy Football D/ST League Draft

There will be no BAPAYs in the first round. The settings are freely available on the league page on Yahoo!, and are basically identical to last year's. If someone requests more information, that's fine, but I just want to get the draft started and take a nap at the moment.

01.01 Jonny -
    01.02 Berzerker -
    01.03 snoopy -
    01.04 Flash9286 -
    01.05 Jaguar -
    01.06 Al B. -
    01.07 MRT -
    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
    01.09 OzzyKP -
    01.10 joncha -
    01.11 duke o' york -
    01.12 Imran -
    01.13 Guynemer -
    01.14 Sloww -
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Let the games begin!

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
    01.02 Berzerker -
    01.03 snoopy -
    01.04 Flash9286 -
    01.05 Jaguar -
    01.06 Al B. -
    01.07 MRT -
    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
    01.09 OzzyKP -
    01.10 joncha -
    01.11 duke o' york -
    01.12 Imran -
    01.13 Guynemer -
    01.14 Sloww -

PM to Berz on the way.

Comment

That one was easy to predict.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
        That one was easy to predict.
        The next one will be as well. AP. Then probably MJD after that. From then on it's debatable.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Tiki Barber!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            The next one will be as well. AP. Then probably MJD after that. From then on it's debatable.
            My money is on MJD first.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Tiki Barber!

I can't believe you actually remember back in 2006 when I had the first overall pick and I picked Tiki.

That's amazing that you remember that.

(I could have had LT and his 31 TD's! )
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

BAPAY!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I can't believe you actually remember back in 2006 when I had the first overall pick and I picked Tiki.

(I could have had LT and his 31 TD's! )
                  How'd Tiki work for you that year?

Edit: I looked up some stats, Tiki wasn't that bad.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

01.01 Jonny - Chris Johnson - RB - TEN
                    01.02 Berzerker - MoJo - RB - JAX
                    01.03 snoopy -
                    01.04 Flash9286 -
                    01.05 Jaguar -
                    01.06 Al B. -
                    01.07 MRT -
                    01.08 Spaced Cowboy -
                    01.09 OzzyKP -
                    01.10 joncha -
                    01.11 duke o' york -
                    01.12 Imran -
                    01.13 Guynemer -
                    01.14 Sloww -

what are the playoffs? Current league settings are top 4 in weeks 15-16 I think

and can someone with Snoopy's pm send him a note he's up, please? Thx

Comment

Ooh, yes, I am going to change the league settings to have a six-team playoff, with weeks 14, 15, and 16. That's a beautiful setup for a 14-team league, because you play each other team once, in the regular season, and the top two teams get playoff byes.

Comment

and we get a consolation bracket with 12 total in play offs.

I actually wanted to ask about that before picking since that'll make week 14 sudden death instead of the last week of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          How'd Tiki work for you that year?

Edit: I looked up some stats, Tiki wasn't that bad.
                          Tiki would've made a fine #3 or #4 pick that year behind LT and Larry Johnson and possibly Shaun Alexander who were the big names that year, especially in a points per reception league. Tiki was coming off a year where he was #2 in rushing after Shaun Alexander and #1 in total yards. His biggest fault was that he didn't score many TD's, at least not until the last game of the season when he had 3 but that was irrelevant for fantasy purposes.

But no one could put up the fantasy numbers LT did that year with his 31 TD's I think Tiki had like 5 that year.
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 30, 2010, 21:10.

Comment

We all do

I actually remarked about that pick to Jaguar over Gmail Chat earlier today .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm here but am considering my options here for the next day or so. One consideration I have is a possible trade down, and if someone would like to offer me a trade for such (something in addition to a direct trade of 1st & seconds) I'd be open to such an offer.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X