Barbarian Chiefdom Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Chiefdom Bug

On a new install of Civ 3 Complete I had a bug where one of the rival civs is A Barbarian Chiefdom with a lone city named Mayan. The game crashes any time you make contact with him, including attempting to use the Espionage screen from that point forward.

This was specifically using PTW, with everything patched and no messing with the editor or mods or anything of that sort. I understand this bug has existed for some time, but I haven't found any recent reports of it on any of the major Civ sites. Is it still relatively common for people?

I can't say I've ever encountered this bug myself. It sounds vaguely similar to the situation I had when I first tried to play Civ - if I encountered any city, the game crashed (I suspect this was due to old drivers, but am not sure). Is it possible that PTW was patched sometime after this game was started, and thus the current version is not the same as the original?

It also is odd that the barbarians would have a city. Are you sure it isn't simply a barbarian camp for Mayan barbarians? If the barbarians actually do have a city, it is indeed a bug I'm not aware of. Perhaps someone at one of the Civ sites where you've seen it mentioned in the not-recent past will be able to tell you more about it.

Comment

I can vaguely remember this bug. It should be fixed in one of the patches. Have you installed the latest patch? I can recommend it, because it fixes a lot of trouble/unbalances.
      Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
      Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
      New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

By the way, I use Civ III Conquests, so maybe it is still a PTW bug that isn't fixed, though I doubt it.
        Formerly known as campmajor! or Campmajor
        Did not play CIV IV because of performance issues
        New PC arrived about 13th of August, so CIV IV is finally playable for me! :)

Comment

Working...
        X