Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collection of Civilopedia Errors (undocumented features)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection of Civilopedia Errors (undocumented features)

Looking at the Hoover-Damned thread, it occurred to me to ask:

Has anyone collected a list of documentation errors in civ2 and ToT? If not, let's collect one in this thread.

Please note, I am not asking for a list of BUGS; rather, for a list of clearly intended features that are not documented correctly.

For starters:

(1) Hoover dam and JSBach affect whole civ, not one continent. (do I have this right?) And in ToT 4map, I believe they affect all maps.

(2) Absolutely all terrains that generate trade add one trade if a road is built on them, despite all documentation to the contrary.

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

(3) Copernicus' Observatory gives a boost of 100% to your science rate, while Sir Isaac Newton's College only gives a 50% boost. The Civilopedia has these bonuses backwards.

Comment

Dammit, tom - i was going to post that!
      (4) Barrack maintenance cost rises by 1g every generation i.e. post Gunpowder maintenance is 2g (and therefore not covered by Adam Smith

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

In some versions, the picture of the destroyer looks like a cruiser

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by tobyr on 05-09-2000 09:44 AM

(2) Absolutely all terrains that generate trade add one trade if a road is built on them, despite all documentation to the contrary.

So I've been doing right by building roads all over the place? Glad to hear it. I was sure I'd read something in the manual about the effect of roads on the economy, but d**d if I could find it again.

I think we need a Concordance to the Manual, like the Concordances to the Bible, which list every word used, and all its occurrences, and where they're found.

Jim W

Comment

I am not sure if this is in the manual or the civilopedia, but it is in John Possidente's Prima strategy guide and he wrote all three.

5) Copers and Sir Isaac Newtons are cumulative.

They are incorrectly listed as being noncumulative. They are cumulative, at least thru the MGE version, though I haven't checked in ToT.
            Be the bid!

Comment

6) The civilopedia says that the SETI program counts as a research lab in every city, effectively Doubling science output. The research lab only increases science by 50% (which is correctly stated in the civilopedia).

edit: 7) Under game concepts, the civilopedia states that railroads increase both production and trade by 50%. Railroads do not have any effect on trade (this is stated correctly in the manual).
              [This message has been edited by Tom DeMille (edited May 09, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
              X