No announcement yet.

2010 Fantasy NFL Football Set-Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Al B., I agree. We did it that way to overcome the "LB only" mentality.

1-2-2 produced a lot of defensive scoring - maybe a bit too much. I'm thinking we might roll that back to 1-1-1 or 1-2-1 this year. Just a thought.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In for the D/ST league.

Comment

1-2-2 produced a lot of defensive scoring - maybe a bit too much. I'm thinking we might roll that back to 1-1-1 or 1-2-1 this year. Just a thought
        personally I liked 1-2-2. Felt more like a team.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What was the breakdown of points for tackles, sacks, and interceptions?

1 point a tackle, 3 a sack, and 5 a pick? 1.5 for half a sack?

And are we doing fractional points? Like assuming 1 point per 20 yards, does a player get 1 point for 25 yards or 1.25 points?
          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; July 8, 2010, 20:40.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Think I'm in. I'm not sure yet since I'm getting a time crunch from several directions right now.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Yes, we did fractional points. Alby, I'm off to Ming's for some CIV tonight, but I'll post last year's IDP league settings tomorrow.

Or you could go find the thread yourself...
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I got it...

Defensive Players
                Tackle Solo 1
                Tackle Assist .5
                Sack 3
                Interception 3
                Fumble Force 2
                Fumble Recovery 3
                Defensive TD 6
                Safety 4
                Pass Defended 1
                Block Kick 3

Int seems kind of low being equal to a sack. I take it for DB's, everybody picked safeties and not corners because corners don't get too many tackles typically.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

1-2-1 is fine if you wanna drop one, that should stop the hogging of db kick returners

but I'm fine with 1-2-2 too

Comment

Yea, I'm in for the team defense.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      I got it...

Defensive Players
                      Tackle Solo 1
                      Tackle Assist .5
                      Sack 3
                      Interception 3
                      Fumble Force 2
                      Fumble Recovery 3
                      Defensive TD 6
                      Safety 4
                      Pass Defended 1
                      Block Kick 3

Int seems kind of low being equal to a sack. I take it for DB's, everybody picked safeties and not corners because corners don't get too many tackles typically.
                      I think we had to boost sacks a bit at some point to make dls viable, probably back when we were using 3 generic d players. But sacks can be dropped a pt since we're all playing one, dont matter to me much. That would of course place more value on lbs who qualify at dl, oh well...

as I recall, the team D league counted team ret yds last year and the idp league counted for individual k ret yds.

Comment

Correct - we did include return yds, so several CBs who return KO and punts were drafted.

One of the things I find most annoying about D/ST is (in most leagues) special teams don't get credit for return yds (or TDs). Or ST tackles for that matter. I mean, WTF. When you look at the stats being used, it's really just turnovers and the kicker. No "special teams" scoring to speak of. It should be "D/K".

Comment

I'll do both or either one.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Depends on the player and the team.

I went with Bethea and Polamalu, but that position gave me fits all year.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Holy moderator action, Batman!

Comment

Someone had to do it.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X