Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call to Power 2 migrating to smartphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to Power 2 migrating to smartphones?

So I've been waiting for smartphones to evolve enough so that I can actually start playing older games that I never really had the time to play on my mobile phone. We're seeing decent RAM, decent graphics chips and decent screen resolutions to wonder how far away are from actually porting full Windows games to the iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile.
    Especially now that the iPhone 4 has a very good screen resolution compared to the competition, I think we're headed in a good direction.

Am I the only one who believes that a proper CtP2 bug-free migration would actually be worthy of money, and users paying for it? And even Play By Email (PBEM) on your mobile phone?

So, tell me, why not have CtP2 on our Smartphones?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Well, having already ported it to Linux I guess getting it working on an Android would be plausible. iPhone would be much harder. Of course, only Activision could get people to pay for it - they still own the rights to the game.

If you want it to happen, feel free to go ahead and start porting!

Comment

Sorry J, my programming knowledge is for an almost-forgotten Visual Basic 6.

I just think a lot more could be done to get great old games on people's smartphones. CtP2 came to mind.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Great minds think alike

It would be awesome to see this ported to a Tegra 2 Android based tablet.

Someday

Comment

Originally posted by darkfire79 View Post
          It would be awesome to see this ported to a Tegra 2 Android based tablet.

Someday
          Did this ever get ported? If so can someone provide a link?

Thanks
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X