No announcement yet.

Game II - pitboss, entry open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I connected to the server with no problems and chose my civ from the list. I then made my moves and clicked the pretty red button to end my turn. Was that the correct procedure?
    Formerly known as Masuro.
    The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

yes

Comment

Okay. Great. One more question. How do I know if the thirty hours are up? Is there a symbol next to my name to indicate I can take my turn?

Comment

There is a way - the host will make the game connected to www.civstats.com and there you can see at any time from a simple browser whats going on - who is made and who is not made their turns and how many hours there are still on the turn timer. You can see the score there and also you can send and receive diplomatic messages. I play pitbosses from a month, but already know that diplomacy plays huge role in a game with so many people who have time to think their next move.

So use diplomacy - few players are strong enough to alone oppose coalition of 2, and nearly there are no players who can resist organized attack from 3 other civs.
          http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

I did my first turn. I hope there was nothing I did wrong, since this is the first time. Logged on easily enough. chose civ. moved. clicked button. exited game.

question- Since I did my first turn at roughly 8:30 AM EST...do I know wait til at least 2:30 PM EST to check in again? or when should I try and make my next turn?

and I take it, theres no diplomacy until you meet someone...right?
            'Got any dragons you need slain?' Scar Gordon, Glory Road

Comment

Originally posted by EvaldsUrtans View Post
              * At the moment there is no civstats uploader, I will hook it up later if it will be possible for 2 games on a single server
              This can be done since Morgan is hosting both the Duel and the Tribal Warfare pitboss games on the same server and they both have civstats enabled.

Note: that to reflect the actual game settings, the settings in the first post should be updated to:

Normal Game Speed
              Choose Religions
              Raging Barbarians

Comment

Originally posted by onemoreturnmike View Post
                question- Since I did my first turn at roughly 8:30 AM EST...do I know wait til at least 2:30 PM EST to check in again? or when should I try and make my next turn?

and I take it, theres no diplomacy until you meet someone...right?
                Normally everyone should make 1 turn a day and the turn will not take the full 30 hours so you will likely be able to take your turns at 8:30 AM EST each day. Once civstats is enabled it gets a lot easier to determine when you can go as you can just glance at the web page and see when you can go.

It hasn't been discussed but its a safe assumption that there's no diplomacy until you meet someone. Having said that I'm not sure what kind of diplomacy you can do before you meet anyway since the person you are talking to may be on another continent which makes possible coordination minimal.

Comment

ok, I will sort it out asap

Comment

It would help a lot if people posted here after they played a turn. Apolyton then sends a notification email and I can remember that I need to take my turn as well.

Comment

Ok I played my turn, looks like about half of us are done so far!

One odd thing, it said my version of civ is different than the host's but I have straight up 3.19 BTS CivIV. Could it be that I am playing on a Mac?

Comment

I am also playing on a Mac but didn't get that message.

Comment

That is very odd then

Any ideas on how to fix it or how I can prove to you all that I'm not cheating or anything?

Comment

For e-mail notifications the game have its own e-mail mechanism - when connected to the pitboss, press alt+D to set it up (as far as I know considering I never used it personally). But the host must be set up smtp and other stuff server side.
                            Last edited by 2metraninja; July 16, 2010, 15:49.
                            http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Alright. I took my turn, there's about 3 or 4 people who haven't yet.

Just want some clarification about the rules on out of game contact and map trading.

I will assume no out-of-game contact until in-game contact. If that's not a good assumption let me know.

As for map-trading... some times people say wait until Paper, some times it's always allowed after contact.

And second Exploit's comment about it being possible to have two CivStats games on the same server. I know that Morgan has at least 3 games going from a single server and has them all on CivStats. Hopefully we can get that figured out and working. It will help people figure out when their turn is. In the meantime logging in to check is the only method I know about to tell if the turn has rolled.

Comment

Logged in and played.

GL everyone.
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X