Cute Girl at Supermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHE PROBABLY HAS A NAME TAG!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Do absolutely nothing, move on with your life. Forget about this silly "girl" business. Go play a video game, order a pizza, and listen to AAHZ music for the next 5 years.

I WILL!
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

"Excuse me, do you have anything larger than Extra Large Magnums?"

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Pull her hair, but not too hard. Run away giggling

Comment

Does she work at Safeway? If so, when she asks you for your club card tell her you forgot it at home and give her a slip of paper with your phone number on it.

SP
            I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Lean close to her and say "you smell even better than you look".
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

You guys are creepy.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  You guys are creepy.

You're just figuring that out now? Look how fast we scared Eco away.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Fake it until you make it. I find myself having to dust off some unused skills lately myself.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Dude, just ask for her number/when she gets off. Women decide whether they're interested within the first 30 seconds just like men. Don't be creepy, be friendly, smile. If she says no there's probably not much you could have done.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                        Also, it'd have to actually be true. I don't remember details on how she does her hair or what shoes she wears.
                        It doesn't actually have to be true. Remember, this is just an excuse to start talking to her. You could say something like "Did you do something different with your hair? I kinda like it". If she's interested in you she won't give a hoot whether it's true or not.
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Eh, doesn't look like it is gonna work out with her. Moving on.
                          I thought you were 'pretty damn good at keeping relationships going'?
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm not terribly good with small talk or initiating conversations with people I don't know. (i.e. the whole problem)

Plus, she is a cashier, so whatever I say I'm probably gonna say while in the checkout lane with people behind me and her ringing me up. Unless I hang around for an hour or two waiting for her to go on break, but that'd just be super creepy, no way would I do that.
                            You don't need an hour to flirt and express interest.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Is she a minor, working in a grocery store and all?
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is to not over-think it. If you think she's looking at you, then you really don't have to do that much. But if it turns out it was in your head or other things are going on and she's not interested, don't sweat it. If you didn't notice little things about how her hair was, etc., you're not that interested to get hung over on a rejection.

I would suggest just making a comment and having a short conversation. The situation with other customers, her working, and the fact that you won't be able to having a lengthy conversation is very much to your advantage! You can go a number of ways here.

You can go the innocent, casual route and just comment on something about the supermarket or the job or the food you're buying (have you ever had this before? You think it's good?) even just how is she doing (she might just say fine here so you need to keep the conversation going... maybe say something BRIEF but INTERESTING about your day).

You can go the compliment route and imply interest without stating it. Compliment her hair. NEVER say anything like you look pretty. Compliment on something specific like her hairstyle. You could in theory just make that compliment and keep it moving then the next time you're in there (NOT the next day, by the way!), she'll probably be more open to talk or may initiate conversation.

You can also go direct and try to get the number right away but I honestly wouldn't suggest this if the only words you two have exchanged have been the total and whether you want plastic or paper. If you do choose this route, or you'll use it later down the line, you have to be confident and have a plan of what you want to do. For example, Give me your number and if you're free on Saturday, we can go and see that such and such movie. See that? ASSUME THE SALE! You're not asking for her number or giving her yours, you are TELLING her to give it to you and you already have a plan for what to do. If she says she can't do Saturday, don't go all "well what about sunday or friday? or when are you free? Oh my god, are you ever available when i'm available?! Do you like me or not?! FREAKOUT!" Your best bet is to just say, oh maybe some other time and keep it moving. If she's not interested, you save face, and if she is but she couldn't do that day, she now knows you're interested but not TOO interested.
                                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X