No announcement yet.

Cute Girl at Supermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't take rejections as well as others, but sometimes I still get the courage to approach someone and chat with him.

One day, hanging out with a friend at Barnes & Noble, I saw a guy I was attracted to. We were in the same aisle looking at CDs and I made it as though my browsing the CDs was taking me in his direction. Then I struck up a conversation with him; I quickly deduced that he was straight, and that he was just a sociable type of person.

But, here's an idea, Ozzy. Try approaching people you come across and initiate small talk with them; even if it's people you would not date. This way, you're not as worried or uncomfortable, and then you can work your way to initiating more conversation with new people that you DO find attractive.

I felt good after talking with the guy in Barnes & Noble even though nothing else came out of it because I found him attractive, and he actually acknowledged my existence and talked with me. Stuff like that can help boost your confidence.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      That's bullcrap, Mobius. She can tell you she's interested, tell her friends, tell your friends, and yet, within a week, has deleted you from her phone and told you to never talk to her again.
      That's why you're a loser when it comes to women, and I've been in a happy relationship for years...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
        Or Maddog 20/20 Kiwi Lime!
        dating a welsh girl = a bottle of maddog and a fingering in the alley
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

If everybody acted like AAHZ the world would be a much happier place
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

yes, nothing with a screw on cap
            OMG! You get some great wine with screw caps these days! Even old world, I got a great Austrian Grutliner and a Touraine Sauvignon Blanc today both of which were screw cap.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Once, on the way to a party in London just after uni, some friends and I were drinking/chatting on the way there and decide we'd make up some really nice chat-up lines to use on girls at the party.

They were really great, I only remember one of them though "What's your favourite pizza topping?"

I remember because there was this really super hot tall blonde with big tits at the party, my friend Hugh said, "So what's your favourite pizza topping?" Turns out she worked at a pizza restaurant.

In the morning I accidentally walked in on them shagging.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

So, like KH says, it's more about what they think, how confidnt you are when you say it than what you say.

Either that or Amazonian pizza waitresses are easy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm not a big wine drinker so I didn't realize that screw on caps weren't the negative indicators that they were in the past.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For wines you don't want to age they are great, no chance of cork taint. The jury still out if they are good for wines you want to age, Bordeaux houses undertaking 25 year trials of various wine closings, but we won't have results for a long time!
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

The vast majority of wine isn't great for ageing so mostly it's good anyway.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Why is MikeH giving advice on wine?

Here's all you need to know about wine: it is a girly drink, for girly men.

Drink scotch.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, basically anything relatively cheap but good quality, you're best off with a screw top. It's taken me a while to feel comfortable with that development, but it also helps if you've forgotten a bottle opener...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Why is MikeH giving advice on wine?
                            Hey Mike, did you pass your exam?

Are you as qualified as a sommelier, or as knowledgeable as Bossman now...?

Comment

I don't know, don't get results for a few weeks. Currently only qualified to intermediate level.

ps. It was Asher that insisted I started the wine thread here. Whisky is what you drink after you've had wine with dinner and dessert. Asher.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I asked you to start the wine thread as part of a strategic ploy. I remain an alpha male because you have painted yourself as a poofter.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X