No announcement yet.

How did you meet whomever you're with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you meet whomever you're with?

I don't have a good story but someone else might.

Funeral crashing.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Stood together at the wedding of my best friend and her best friend. Nothing happened at all because we were both seeing other people. The same couple arranged for us to "run into each other" at their palce when she was home from her job in Texas. Not subtle at all but we liked each other and spent the next couple of weeks "colliding". Maybe nothing would have come of it but then her dad passed away and she came home from Texas again--- yadda yadda yadda 12 years later . . . .
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

This thread makes me sad
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Maybe nothing would have come of it but then her dad passed away and she came home from Texas again--- yadda yadda yadda 12 years later . . . .

So, funeral crashing...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Met her in a pub by saving her from an annoying American creep.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

You're welcome.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                This thread makes me sad
                It shouldn't. Think of it as inspiration. Wonderful things can appear out of ordinary everyday situations.

I met mine in the university library. We were often staying late in the evenings and used to joke around. That's how it started.

Comment

At my local restaurant/pub on trivia night. She just started working as a waitress a few days before. She had been going there as a customer for years, so knew one of my close pub friends who I play trivia with. My friend introduced me to her and we chatted a little before trivia. After trivia, she got off work and was attempting to eat a hamburger and kept putting it down. I noticed (she's very cute) and came over and asked if she was alright. She mentioned she had a headache so we chatted for a bit, and apparently she felt better enough to actually eat the burger.

At the time I had just started dating someone else, so we were simply friends (for like another month and a half or so), and it was just friendly conversation. However, she later mentioned (after we started dating) that my noticing that she wasn't feeling well and coming over to talk was when she started to really become attracted to me.

Anyways, a month later I was free as the previous "relationship" (I hesitate to call it that, but there isn't a great team for dating someone for a month) fizzled out, and a few weeks later, I kissed my girlfriend on a Saturday night at the pub and away we went.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    You're welcome.
                    Cheers dude, hope you got the money ok!
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

She was dating my brother.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

How can you be sure she stopped?

Comment

She chatted me up in a nightclub in Islington.

Comment

we met through an alt-personals website.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

ctrl-personals weren't working for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X