ACEditor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACEditor?

So I've attempted to google search for ACEditor, and I've attempted going to networknode.org (it's down), but I can't find anything about downloading it.

Does anyone have a direct link or a copy they're willing to share?

hambino,

Welcome to Apolyton.

Go the the SMAC section. Click on "files," then on "useful."
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

I'm a moron. Thank you.

Comment

I wouldn't say so. I don't think that the SMAC section is particularly visible, but it was funny that I could locate a copy at Apolyton.

In any event, you are welcome. Feel free to ask me any questions here or at my forum (see my signature).

Comment

Just a note that "ACEdit" is available also in the files section of alphacentauri.us (the Alpha Centauri Stuff site), where you can find a bunch of other useful "stuff".
          I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by vyeh View Post
            I wouldn't say so. I don't think that the SMAC section is particularly visible, but it was funny that I could locate a copy at Apolyton.

In any event, you are welcome. Feel free to ask me any questions here or at my forum (see my signature).
            The irony is not lost on me, lol. I don't think I have any serious questions currently; for the most part, I've figured out a way past all the major hurdles like getting rid of the boxes around the custom cities and making the .flcs. If I do run into something though I'll definitely ask. Thanks for the hospitality.

EDIT: Actually, I do have a quick question. Is there a way to disallow a faction from building a certain facility? The "Punishment Sphere" strikes me as a problem, thematically, for my custom faction.

Originally posted by gwillybj View Post
            Just a note that "ACEdit" is available also in the files section of alphacentauri.us (the Alpha Centauri Stuff site), where you can find a bunch of other useful "stuff".
            I think that last time I tried that site it didn't work for me, but that most likely was the university network at the time. Thanks, I'll go pawing around that place a bit when I get the chance.
            Last edited by hambino; June 23, 2010, 01:38.

Comment

Originally posted by hambino View Post
              Is there a way to disallow a faction from building a certain facility? The "Punishment Sphere" strikes me as a problem, thematically, for my custom faction.
              In alphax.txt, under #FACILITIES, go to the line for Punishment Sphere and set its tech prerequisite to "DISABLE." That will stop all factions from building the Punishment Sphere. There is no way to stop a faction from building a certain facility while allowing other factions to build it (you could give the other factions a tech to allow building and not have the tech researchable, but techs can be traded and stolen).

Comment

Ah, alright. I'll just leave it up to the players to decide if they want to stick to the faction's ideology or not then, lol. Thanks.

Is this site or Weplayciv better for getting balancing help for a faction?

Comment

I'm pretty good at giving balancing help. See Custom factions balance questions at Civilization Fanatics' Alpha Centauri Forum. I can answer your questions here (or if you want to benefit from Kilkakon's continuing experience in balancing his 14 custom factions, you can register at Civilization Fanatics and start a new thread).

In terms of getting balancing help from WePlayCiv, take a look at Beacon Spire. Note that other than my response consolidating the download, no one else has responded in a week.

I am happy to help you here, but you should make note of my forum in the event it is difficult to get onto this site (a few weekends ago, there was a problem where there were periods lasting for hours when the site wouldn't respond). Note that I tend to check my forum several times a day, but unless I know there is likely to be a post for me (Kilkakon has been very good at posting several times per day except when his thread was inadvertently locked last weekend and I didn't see his PM for two days), I try to visit the other forums once a day.

Since I am recommending myself, I have tried to give you factual information that you can verify (do check out the Civilization Fanatics thread - it will give you an idea of the process Kilkakon is going through to balance 14 custom factions against themselves).
                  Last edited by vyeh; June 24, 2010, 06:04.

Comment

I really appreciate your helpfulness, vyeh. I figured since you were a member of CivFanatics I'd try my luck there first - hopefully I can get the mechanical kinks in my custom faction out of the way so I can devote the rest of my effort into the aesthetics.

Don't worry about being able to post several times a day for me; in my current situation, I can only access the internet for a few hours every night (or every other night), so I'm generally restricted to one post a day if other forum responders aren't on, lol
                    Last edited by hambino; June 27, 2010, 00:30.

Comment

Hi folks, a few newbie questions about this:

- Vyeh, your link to the SMAC section on apolyton is dead for me, and I don't see a files section in the ac link under 'spotlight'. Has the site been switched up?

- I did find ACEditor v. 2 at http://alphacentauri.us/tools.html - but it claims this wont work with alien crossfire? Has someone posted an ACEditor tutorial on the forums that I missed, this would probably set me on the right track.

- Lastly, it claims I need 'msvbvm50.dll' for the editor to run - I don't recall messing around with my SMAC files or deleting anything, and I didn't see it in my system 32 folder - is it safe to download this .dll off the internet?

Thanks for your patience,

Matt

Comment

hi vyeh,
                        i use your given link but it not giving the required thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X