Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70

Thread: Hindi words commonly used in English.

  1. #1
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16

    Hindi words commonly used in English.

    When I was young my Scottish grandparents insisted my sister and I call our grandfather Papa which is an English corruption of the Indian word for father (I believe the word is bapa).
    -AD&D nerds know all about avatars which comes from Sanskrit meaning incarnation.
    -When I was growing up in the 80's break dancing was popular and everyone wore a Bandanna which is a scarf worn around the head or face.
    -At school we often went to class in a Bungalow which is literally a Bengal style house.
    - Myths were full of the calico cat or the calico mine all of which comes from calicut, meaning "a coarse cotton cloth with a bright printed pattern"
    -We watch the discovery channel where we saw pictures of Cheetahs in Africa which means "variegated".
    -When gambling or betting people would put a Chit down which means a letter or note.
    -We, of course, ate chutney on our bread.
    -In WW1 and WW2 millions of American soldiers slept on a cot which is Hindi for a portable bed.
    -Sometimes people would say something was cushy which meant easy, soft, or happy.
    -If someone was really good at something then they would be called a Guru.
    -We read comic books about The Juggernaut which is Hindi for unstopable force.
    -The tropics are filled with jungles which is a Hindi word.
    -Theives would loot a house or company.
    -When you went to bed you'd wear your Pyjamas which were loose fitting garments often used for sleeping.
    -Common thieves or tough guys were called thugs.

    The reality is the colonization of India was a two way exchange where lots of local words got taken into English just as lots of English words and ideas got imported into India.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  2. #2
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Nothing unique about this. You can find plenty of loan words from many languages. Take Arabic which among other words include, admiral, alcohol, alchemy, adobe, algebra, algorithm, almanac, amber, arsenal, artichoke, assassin, azimuth, azure... and that's just the A's

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rds_in_English
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; June 15, 2010 at 21:31.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  3. #3
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    And actually, calico coming from the city of Calicut is actually Arabic in origin:

    From wikipedia:
    The Arabs called it Kalikooth
    The city's name in India is Kozhikode.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  4. #4
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    True. English doesn't just borrow words but beats other languages over the head and then goes through their pockets for spare words.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  5. #5
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Not just English, Oerdin... take this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_...anish_language

    The list of Arabic words in Spanish is absurdly long.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  6. #6
    Drake Tungsten
    Deity Drake Tungsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Oct 2001
    Location
    In the closet...
    Posts
    10,604
    Country
    This is Drake Tungsten's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    01:16
    You should probably link to the site you took this from, Oerdin.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

  7. #7
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Speer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not just English, Oerdin... take this:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_...anish_language

    The list of Arabic words in Spanish is absurdly long.
    One would accept that given the Arabic colonization of Spain and Portugal. True, the Crusaders eventually beat back the Arabs but hundreds of year of cultural interaction is bound to leave a trace.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  8. #8
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should probably link to the site you took this from, Oerdin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...anskrit_origin
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  9. #9
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Reconquistadors to be exact, Oerdin.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  10. #10
    Kitschum
    King Kitschum's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    This is Kitschum's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    08:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I was young my Scottish grandparents insisted my sister and I call our grandfather Papa which is an English corruption of the Indian word for father (I believe the word is bapa).
    I like words and etymologies, but this is just stupid. Papa/baba and variations is a pretty much universal sound for father, like mama is for mother (sometimes they are reversed). It is usually explained as one of the first sounds a baby is able to make, because all it really entails is putting your lips together while making a sound with your throat.

    We say pappa in Swedish and we sure as hell didn't get it from "Indian".

    -AD&D nerds know all about avatars which comes from Sanskrit meaning incarnation.
    This dates the list.

  11. #11
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    No, actually the Catholic church called for multiple crusades to remove the infidels from Spain and Portugal. The Spanish called it the Reconquista (reconquest) but the fact remains that it was a religious duty for all Catholics to join in the religious struggle against the Muslims. In fact huge numbers of Spanish, Italians, Polish, English, and other knights joined in the struggle for no other reason then because the Catholic Church told them they would receive salvation if they did so. It was absolutely a continuation of the Crusades albeit mixed with the national ambitions of the Kings of Spain and Portugal.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  12. #12
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We say pappa in Swedish and we sure as hell didn't get it from "Indian".
    Want to bet? Though I suppose it could have a common Indo-European root.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  13. #13
    Kitschum
    King Kitschum's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    This is Kitschum's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    08:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Want to bet?
    Yes.

  14. #14
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Oerdin, you're wrong. In fact, mama and dada and variations are virtually universal in human languages.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  15. #15
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    The words are absolutely Indo-European in origin. This would, of course, explain how derivations occur in numerous indo-european languages. I would expect via colonization and regular cultural exchange simple words would become loan words in other languages.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  16. #16
    Kitschum
    King Kitschum's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    This is Kitschum's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    08:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Want to bet? Though I suppose it could have a common Indo-European root.
    Yes, it's Indo-European, but it doesn't stop there. It's arguably not universal, but practically so.

    Take a look at the translations here for instance. There's a lot of pa/ba aren't there?

    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/father#Translations

  17. #17
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mama_and_papa

    The cross-linguistic similarities between these terms are thought to result from the nature of language acquisition.[1] These words are the first word-like sounds made by babbling babies, and parents tend to associate the first sound babies make with themselves. Thus, there is no need to ascribe the similarities to common ancestry of !Kung ba, Aramaic abba, Mandarin Chinese bba, Persian baba, and French papa (all "father") ; or Navajo m, Mandarin Chinese māma, Swahili mama, Quechua mama, and English "mama" (all "mother").
    Or are either of you suggesting !Kung, Aramaic, Mandarin, and Navajo are all Indo-European languages?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  18. #18
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, it's Indo-European, but it doesn't stop there. It's arguably not universal, but practically so.

    Take a look at the translations here for instance. There's a lot of pa/ba aren't there?

    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/father#Translations
    In any event in the English language it supposedly comes from Hindi which is a fellow Indo-European language.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  19. #19
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Speer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oerdin, you're wrong. In fact, mama and dada and variations are virtually universal in human languages.
    OK, show the non-Indo-European root of the word. I bet I can find all sorts of Native American and Papua New Guinean languages which doesn't use anything close to those word.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  20. #20
    Kitschum
    King Kitschum's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    This is Kitschum's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    08:16
    Let's not a simple mistake spoil the entire thread. Here's a list of some English word of Scandinavian origin. You might even have used some of them today;

    angstrom
    are
    bag
    birth
    both
    die
    dirt
    egg
    get
    give
    gun
    hell
    hit
    hot
    husband
    ill
    law
    leg
    low
    niggardly
    ombudsman
    root
    sister
    ski
    skill
    skirt
    sky
    smorgasbord
    Sunday
    take
    their
    they
    Tuesday
    tungsten
    ugly
    want
    window
    wing
    work

    Partly from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_Norse_origin
    Last edited by Kitschum; June 15, 2010 at 22:21. Reason: alphabetical order

  21. #21
    Drake Tungsten
    Deity Drake Tungsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Oct 2001
    Location
    In the closet...
    Posts
    10,604
    Country
    This is Drake Tungsten's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    01:16
    niggardly



    Racist Scandis...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

  22. #22
    Kitschum
    King Kitschum's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,763
    Country
    This is Kitschum's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    08:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    niggardly



    Racist Scandis...
    You're one to talk, Drake Tungsten, Scandi-lover.

  23. #23
    Drake Tungsten
    Deity Drake Tungsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Oct 2001
    Location
    In the closet...
    Posts
    10,604
    Country
    This is Drake Tungsten's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    01:16
    I love the ones who hate me.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

  24. #24
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, show the non-Indo-European root of the word. I bet I can find all sorts of Native American and Papua New Guinean languages which doesn't use anything close to those word.
    There is NO non-Indo-European root. what do you not understand?

    The cross-linguistic similarities between these terms are thought to result from the nature of language acquisition.[1] These words are the first word-like sounds made by babbling babies, and parents tend to associate the first sound babies make with themselves. Thus, there is no need to ascribe the similarities to common ancestry of !Kung ba, Aramaic abba, Mandarin Chinese bba, Persian baba, and French papa (all "father") ; or Navajo m, Mandarin Chinese māma, Swahili mama, Quechua mama, and English "mama" (all "mother").
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  25. #25
    Dinner
    Deity Dinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 2001
    Location
    Look at the puppy!
    Posts
    30,610
    Country
    This is Dinner's Country Flag
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 122 Times in 109 Posts
    Local Date
    August 20, 2014
    Local Time
    23:16
    Wow! According to the nazi named Lebanese the words for mother and father are the same in every human language ever found on the earth. Go put your head in a hole.
    "Our scientific power has out run out spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King Jr.
    "A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself."
    - Joseph Pulitzer

  26. #26
    Drake Tungsten
    Deity Drake Tungsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Oct 2001
    Location
    In the closet...
    Posts
    10,604
    Country
    This is Drake Tungsten's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    01:16
    I'm shocked that Oerdin posted something incorrect.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

  27. #27
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow! According to the nazi named Lebanese the words for mother and father are the same in every human language ever found on the earth. Go put your head in a hole.
    What does Lebanese have to do...

    Okay. It's official. Oerdin's racist against Arabs. Makes perfect sense now.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  28. #28
    Drake Tungsten
    Deity Drake Tungsten's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Oct 2001
    Location
    In the closet...
    Posts
    10,604
    Country
    This is Drake Tungsten's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    01:16
    Oerdin is just racist in general, although I think his time in Iraq with the Coast Guard has given him a special hatred for Arabs.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

  29. #29
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Oerdin, mama and papa and variations are called 'false cognates'. They appear to have a common ancestor but have different roots. Some interesting examples include that wolf in French is garou and in Japanese it is garo. Mama and papa are special cases though because they are much more common and seem to have descended from baby babbling.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

  30. #30
    Al B. Sure!
    Deity Al B. Sure!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 1999
    Location
    Edge of the American Empire
    Posts
    24,214
    Country
    This is Al B. Sure!'s Country Flag
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 86 Times in 64 Posts
    Local Date
    August 21, 2014
    Local Time
    02:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oerdin is just racist in general, although I think his time in Iraq with the Coast Guard has given him a special hatred for Arabs.
    Yeah you said the Coast Guard thing before but he's wearing an Army PT shirt in his profile picture.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Let's List the Most Misused Words in the English Language
    By Rufus T. Firefly in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: March 3, 2008, 20:09
  2. 100 most popular misspelled words in English
    By Sirotnikov in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: October 6, 2005, 16:03
  3. The 10 scariest words in English
    By chequita guevara in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: September 2, 2005, 20:19
  4. The worst-sounding commonly used word in English language
    By Stefu in forum Off-Topic-Archive
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: August 13, 2002, 13:39

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions