Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone against Russia sending troops this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone against Russia sending troops this time?

To Kirgistan I mean? Looks like Balkan 2.0 is in the making there:

Escalating ethnic violence in Kyrgyzstan that has killed nearly 100 people prompts tens of thousands to flee to Uzbekistan.

Aid agencies must be allowed safe passage into Kyrgyzstan to help victims of deadly communal violence, the UN says.

Ban Ki-moon expresses alarm at the scale of inter-ethnic violence in southern Kyrgyzstan.
    Blah

Oh no! Is Borat alright?

Comment

I know those orientals look all the same, but this is about Kirgistan, not Kazakhstan.
      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
        To Kirgistan I mean? Looks like Balkan 2.0 is in the making there:

Escalating ethnic violence in Kyrgyzstan that has killed nearly 100 people prompts tens of thousands to flee to Uzbekistan.

Aid agencies must be allowed safe passage into Kyrgyzstan to help victims of deadly communal violence, the UN says.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asi...c/10306018.stm
        To quote Roissy:

proximity + diversity =war

http://roissy.wordpress.com/2007/05/07/dc-truth-day/
        Last edited by Heraclitus; June 15, 2010, 13:19.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

That's nonsense.
          Blah

Comment

indeed.

the bbc are saying that russia has said that it won't send troop and the government of kyrgyzstan has said that it doesn't need them now as the violence is on the wane.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
              That's nonsense.
              Care to share why?
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Why is there no constant civil war/ethnic cleansing in the US?
                Blah

Comment

Because while Heraclitus can read, he can't think.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    indeed.

the bbc are saying that russia has said that it won't send troop and the government of kyrgyzstan has said that it doesn't need them now as the violence is on the wane.
                    The former dictator for life was Moscow's man and they're pissed off at the provisional government as they deposed Moscow's chosen dictator. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to learn Moscow was helping to gin up these riots; riots supposedly the former dictator is helping to create with raging speeches against ethnic minorities.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Russia was proved correct in its policy on Georgia. Hopefully this stance of intended non-intervention will also be correct.

Talk of Russia being behind the recent agitation are unlikely to be true. Whereas the West has a track record in fomenting ethnic conflict to further its own agendas, I have yet to see evidence of Russia treading this squalid path.

Saras in 5...4....3...

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                        Because while Heraclitus can read, he can't think.
                        +1

I basically constantly splice up and then repeat what I have read.

Comment

Take out the splice up and you get closer.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            Russia was proved correct in its policy on Georgia. Hopefully this stance of intended non-intervention will also be correct.

Talk of Russia being behind the recent agitation are unlikely to be true. Whereas the West has a track record in fomenting ethnic conflict to further its own agendas, I have yet to see evidence of Russia treading this squalid path.

Saras in 5...4....3...
                            You're not interested enough to look for that evidence, which is to some extent understandable.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                              Take out the splice up and you get closer.
                              No no my memory is far too crappy to repeat what I read verbatim. Splice up is a euphemism for mix up.

Comment

Working...
                              X