Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 1097 (07-Jun-2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wizeazz101 View Post
    Is there a new location for the download of the latest version, I am still playing the version for 2007
    I've uploaded the revision 1097 to my site. You can find it from downloads section inside temp folder. I'll be hosting at least until either old files are restored or new revision is released. Btw, the source code project site (http://apolyton.net/ctp2) is gone as well.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Petrell's Domain Webmaster

Comment

@Petrell

Thank you.
      You know how it is, when you get the urge to kill a civilization, you just have to go

Comment

Got a problem with this one. the game crashes when I end the turn. Martin, can you help?

Maurus.zip

Comment

I used to love this game back in the day but it is amazing to me how much attention it still gets even 10 years after it's release. I notice civ3 doesn't get this kind of attention and I some how think the steam version of Civ5 won't either.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi View Post
            Got a problem with this one. the game crashes when I end the turn. Martin, can you help?
            Probably, I can, but haven't looked into it. Just let you know that I haven't overlooked it.

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            I used to love this game back in the day but it is amazing to me how much attention it still gets even 10 years after it's release. I notice civ3 doesn't get this kind of attention and I some how think the steam version of Civ5 won't either.
            For CTP2 you still get new patches, it is a game that still improves, while Civ3 is done. You won't get anything new from it anymore, so nothing exciting. And I think to make people keep playing a game it must be a challenge, so the AI must be really good, it must be programmed to win, at least get everything out of the level of difficulty and its environment on the map. That's why multiplayer is popular. And that's why programming an AI to lose is stupid. But from what I have seen from the CTP2 AI, I can tell you that programming an AI to win is much more difficult, so in the end an AI is not programmed to lose but bugged enough to lose.

At some point it is economically not feasible to debug it, that takes time, and for the CTP2 AI even more. Since we have some early design decisions that it makes even more difficult. And it is based on the CTP1 AI, which they more or less scrapped in the process. And in the end you have the little thousand things that degrade AI performance.

So I expect for Civ5 an AI that isn't as good as it could be, but I expect that they debugged it more than the original CTP2 AI.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by MisterEd View Post
              I tried to play the AE Mod in the Scenarios included with CTP2 AE and I got the following DB Errors

STRATEGY_ISLAND_MILITARIST not found in Strategy database
              STRATEGY_ISLAND_DIPLOMATIC not found in Strategy database
              STRATEGY_ISLAND_ECONOMIC not found in Strategy database
              STRATEGY_ISLAND_SCIENTIST not found in Strategy database
              STRATEGY_ISLAND_ECOTOPIAN not found in Strategy database
              Here's a fix for that (zip attached). Extract it to ...\Scenarios\AE_Mod\scen0000\default\aidata.
              Attached Files
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                Here's a fix for that (zip attached). Extract it to ...\Scenarios\AE_Mod\scen0000\default\aidata.
                Maq, why don't you upload it to the repository?

-Martin

Comment

I was hoping to make some more changes before I did. I likely upload in the next day or so.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I noticed that E had intended to move the "view enemy health" option to the scenario editor, so you could only use it if you cheated. Any objections to this being done?

Is there a good reason why good animations, crash logging and mouse scroll delay=0 are not enabled by default? The mouse scroll delay is really useless.

Comment

I noticed that E had intended to move the "view enemy health" option to the scenario editor, so you could only use it if you cheated. Any objections to this being done?
                      I use the show enemy health option, and frankly why shouldn't you be able to see from outside that a cannon is damaged. And for a stack you get an average health, anyway. So why is this cheating, anyway?

Is there a good reason why good animations, crash logging and mouse scroll delay=0 are not enabled by default? The mouse scroll delay is really useless.
                      There is no reason I know of.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                        I use the show enemy health option, and frankly why shouldn't you be able to see from outside that a cannon is damaged. And for a stack you get an average health, anyway. So why is this cheating, anyway?
                        It's not cheating I suppose, especially if the AI knows the HP of your units.

Comment

Haven't been here for a while. Starting to play CTPII again on a new PC. Have the latest AE files been unavailable for awhile? Anywhere else I can get them?

Comment

Originally posted by EntropyW View Post
                            Haven't been here for a while. Starting to play CTPII again on a new PC. Have the latest AE files been unavailable for awhile? Anywhere else I can get them?
                            Petrell has kindly provided a mirror to the Apolyton Edition while 'Poly sort out their download section.

You can also get it from WePlayCiv.
                            Last edited by Maquiladora; September 24, 2010, 06:38. Reason: dementia

Comment

Bugreport. Just got two, the second one is a known one, just as a reminder:
                              - Military treaty and full alliance have a problem. I can live happily with an AI in peace and it won't attack. Once I ask for an alliance and it agrees to it because it like me, it takes about ten to twenty turns and the AI turns its back on me and attacks me. It will immidiately agree to a truce and peace treaty again, though. It seems to me, that somehow, the fact that the AI has its units next to my cities (because it can) makes it override the alliance way too quickly. If it indeed it wants to stab me in my back, it should have much more units in my territory before killing the treaty. Thus, with a simple threshold, this might be easily curable.
                              - Stealth units' picture still appears a few tiles away when you run into them with a non-stealth unit. It's only the graphics, the unit is at the right spot and can be attacked. And it doesn't hapeen when you can see the stealth unit due to one of your stealth units anyway

Love it btw - anyone contributing and especially Martin: You're a star! Kudos!

Comment

I updated the link in the first post, since the old server is now open, in read only mode.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X