Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible for a husband to rape his wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for a husband to rape his wife?

I'm mostly interested in seeing if the stereotypically evil posters go with the stereotypically evil position on this.
    Yes, it is possible
    93.10%
    No, it is not possible
    6.90%
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

I voted yes, but would like to make it clear that this is only the case if he sodomizes her.

As long as he sticks to vaginal penetration, he's obviously in the clear. Otherwise, his rights would have been violated under the defense of marriage act. (Delaware vs. McClackett)
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Invalid poll

Comment

I served on the Grand Jury under a year ago, and learned this horrifying fact:

According to Ohio law, no, it is not possible for a husband to rape his wife.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
            I'm mostly interested in seeing if the stereotypically evil posters go with the stereotypically evil position on this.
            Oh, I should have read this before voting.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              I served on the Grand Jury under a year ago, and learned this horrifying fact:

According to Ohio law, no, it is not possible for a husband to rape his wife.

This is untrue. It's simply the case that it's not considered rape if you drug her and then have sex with her while she's unable to resist.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Kuci is the first "no".
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Probably because of some sort of retarded semantic tomfoolery.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Comment

If you don't think it's possible then you're just not doing it right.

Comment

Apparently, I am remembering it wrong, as KH has it exact, which is still horrifying:

(A)(1) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another who is not the spouse of the offender or who is the spouse of the offender but is living separate and apart from the offender, when any of the following applies:

(a) For the purpose of preventing resistance, the offender substantially impairs the other person’s judgment or control by administering any drug, intoxicant, or controlled substance to the other person surreptitiously or by force, threat of force, or deception.

(b) The other person is less than thirteen years of age, whether or not the offender knows the age of the other person.

(c) The other person’s ability to resist or consent is substantially impaired because of a mental or physical condition or because of advanced age, and the offender knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the other person’s ability to resist or consent is substantially impaired because of a mental or physical condition or because of advanced age.

(2) No person shall engage in sexual conduct with another when the offender purposely compels the other person to submit by force or threat of force.

EDIT: Ahhhh, now I remember. The case where we heard about the statute did, in fact, involve the victim being drugged, so the prosecutor only quoted the relevant bit of the law.
                        Last edited by Guynemer; June 6, 2010, 14:00.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Well,
                          from the standpoint of common sense I would say yes...

from the standoint of most western laws I would say, yes...

from the standpoint of the bible (especially old testament) I would say probably no,
                          as the woman is the property of her husband and has to obey him because, just as god is the head of Jesus and Jesus is the head of the man, the man is the head of the woman. So, well, obviously the woman isn´t allowed to say no
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No banana option.

But I went ahead and voted "yes."
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

for ****s and giggles, how about from the standpoint of islam

what's your enlightened opinion?

Comment

Working...
                              X