X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption

Is supposed to be awesome.

Discuss.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Looks good but I find it hard to enjoy these sandbox games. I only managed to slog through about 75% of GTA4, still regarded by some as the best game evar. So this one is on the back burner for me.

Comment

I'm gonna wait for it to come down in price a bit.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I never really liked the GTA-games, but this one looks fantastic, I will probably get it during the summer

Anybody played it yet?

Comment

I'm about 16 hours into the game, having a great time.

It really is amazing the quality of the lighting and the graphics. It's stunning to go riding off into the sunset...

There's also some quirky bugs that are instant classics:

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Those seem almost like easter eggs. They're a little too crazy...
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
              Is supposed to be awesome.

Discuss.
              great game, enjoy it!

Comment

bought it, love it.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

My impressions, which I posted the other day at counterglow:

It's overrated. Was okay but repetitive. Was actually wishing it would end soon.

Spoiler:
                  There's an epic and intense level which seems like it should be the end of the game. Massive fight, story wrapping up, villain avenged, etc.

And then there's about 3 hours of cattle herding and horse breaking...WTF...and then there's a decent fight to end the game. They should've ended it far earlier.

Also a lot of annoying bugs/design issues. I'd accept a mission from some old lady in the middle of nowhere, turn my horse around to leave...and it tramples her and kills her. QUEST FAILED.
                  Or I stand next to an NPC giving me a mission...there's a cutscene with lots of dialog, it then resumes gameplay with me standing right next to a horse. The on-screen hint says "Mount your horse", so I mount the horse I'm standing next to (I WAS standing next to my own horse when the cutscene started, but it moved me). Turns out this horse was the NPC's. Turns out the NPC thought I was stealing it, so he shot me dead. QUEST FAILED.
                  Riding around in the countryside I saw a gun battle going on. 2 guys shooting at 3 guys. It's impossible to tell who is who (who is a sheriff and who is a bandit) unless you get up real close. If you get up real close, the bandits shoot and kill you. So you need to guess which ones to shoot...I almost always shot the sheriffs by accident, which gave me negative honour and put a ****ing bounty on my head.

I'd say 7/10 for the game.

Comment

I see similar posts at other sites. On release everyone went on about how great it was - now people are questioning whether it was really worth the 95%.

Basically it's GTA4 (a game I think is average) all over again. Can't see me getting this anytime soon.

Comment

Well I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I will sit and play poker and horseshoes for IRL hours, ride around and do some side quests, then do one of the main quests, wrangle a horse or 2, and go shopping all in one sitting.

The detail is amazing and my favorite characters so far is the skinny Hick Deputy in Armadillo and Seth the Graverobber as they make me lol consistently.

I am not even in the Mexico part of the game yet and i am completely enjoying every aspect so far. I am going to milk this game for all its worth, maybe 100-200 hours or moar this character then ill play again as a "bad guy" type.

For a gamer like me that is hardcore sandbox SPRPG this is the biggest release so far this year and Rockstar is becoming my all-time favorite game company
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

I played one round of each of the mini-games and got bored pretty easily. Glad you are more easily amused.

Comment

Ya I'm so glad i bought Red Dead Redemption! I am still at the same point in the game, but have put 250 hours in already. I feel so attached to John Marston that when John Marston eats then I eat. I have also taken up chewing tobacco and drinking heavily while swinging a rope over my chair going YEE-HAW like Slowwhand. Every action John Marston takes must fit into his character, i once restarted a 20 hour marathon session without saving becaus i ended up killing my horse and John Marston would never do that so I restarted. I sleep whenever John Marston sleeps, and when i see a prostitute I... well you get the idea. I'm so glad John Marston wont ever die because he is my character so no matter what happens in the story I will win like in Oblivion, LOL. I now time my days IRL to how long the game time in the world of Red Dead Redemption goes by, and in fact i spent the last 4 game sessions doing nothing but staring at a chicken through my binoculars. The clucking and details of the ground and plants literally hypnotized me. I think I will advance the story now to Mexico after 300 hours already into the game so i can walk from one end of the map to the other and back again all in one sitting. I predict when i am finally done with the game i will put in 2000 hours or so. I laugh at all the people that play for achievements because I play to pretend the game is my real life. I so wish i was John Marston that i literally fear turning the game off and almost went into shock yesterday doing it. Also John Marston never goes pee I must not do so either because pretending I am John Marston and the immersion and details of Red Dead Redemption is p much the reason that I have been put on this earth.

j/k its a p cool game LOL
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

I got this a few days ago for my B-day. Pretty much GTA4 in the Wild Wild West. Graphics seem better for some reason. I'd rather play a game like this than the linear scripted CoD4 MW that I finished recently.

I wish it was more RPG like though, and I should not have skipped the tutorial on dueling as I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've lost them all.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I enjoyed the game, although the bugs mentioned were definitely annoying. I actually wish the main game had been longer--it seemed much shorter than GTA San Andreas, for instance. The graphics are amazing, and just roaming around the countryside is worth doing to experience the atmosphere.

I also wish Rockstar could take the engine and move it more towards an RPG than an action shooter. The worlds they create just seem perfect for RPG immersion...
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X