Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not a Chinese version for CTP2 code Project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not a Chinese version for CTP2 code Project?

Hi everyone. I 'm very praise for your great work for CTP2. But I saw in Ctp_data there is Japniese version, no Chinese. I don't know why. Is there sth. difficult in display Chinese in game? For instance, in 2001, It had published in China and translated in Chinese. I have a genuine software
    of CTP2 chiese version. If anyone need .exe or .txt in Chinese, I could mail to him. I also can help to translate some new features in project. After all, I like this game very much, so I want to play the best version of the Call To Power 2 by apolyton.net at all. In China, we have many CTP2 players because of Chinese edition. Please consider my suggestion, Thank you very much.

Originally posted by Blackjack83 View Post
    I don't know why.
    The answer is simple, no one wanted to give us the files.

If anyone need .exe or .txt in Chinese, I could mail to him.
    We need just the *.txt files, the *.ldl files, and the sound.zfs file in the Chinese folder. Well, I wouldn't bundle the sound.zfs with the Apolyton Edition but it would be good to have it. You can upload those files to the Apolyton Download section, please put the files into a *.rar archive and minimize the file size by just including the files we really need.

I also can help to translate some new features in project.
    So you need write access to the respository, ask DarkDust about this, and you have to put some work into it, otherwise the Chinese version will be just some patches like the Japanese version.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks for reply, but I can't find access to upload files in download page. Where should I enter to upload?

Comment

Thanks for reply, but I can't find access to upload files in download page. Where should I enter to upload?
        Well, it is called Add Entry. Of course you have to go to the right category, first.

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin, I found the attachment's limit is too small, so I use a web disk to upload files. The link is below:

I paste a pic of Chinese edition folder tree. You could see its structure. In my upload folder, I constrict "default"&"english" folders txt files and ldl files in ctp2_data. I also constrict ctp2_program, for maybe Chinese version exe was modified to display double byte. Please check on and tell me what you need more. THX.

Comment

Hi Martin, I found the attachment's limit is too small, so I use a web disk to upload files.
            Well, actually the limit for the Apolyton download section is 32 MB at least it tells me so. Maybe it is different for staff people, but I doubt it.

I paste a pic of Chinese edition folder tree. You could see its structure. In my upload folder, I constrict "default"&"english" folders txt files and ldl files in ctp2_data.
            Actually, I just needed those from the Chinese folder. I should have known that the translators were so lazy and put the stuff into the English folder. Anyway, so every user has now to do it on their own. The Apolyton Edition is a multi-language patch, it will come with a "chinese" folder. This means you have to rename your "english" folder to "chinese" and you have to edit the civpath.txt in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. This file contains a line saying: "english" change it to "chinese". If you don't do this you will play with an english version.

I also constrict ctp2_program, for maybe Chinese version exe was modified to display double byte. Please check on and tell me what you need more. THX.
            It may be modified, but it is no use to us as long as you cannot give us the source code of the modifications.

Anyway, I put the Chinese text files into the repository. Now it is your turn to add and translate the missing strings. To help with the translation work I would order the strings in the same fashion as they are ordered in the other languages.

-Martin

Comment

Thank you for reply. I'd like to reconfirm what should I do. I should use "gamedata" in English folder as standard, then check "gamedata" in Chinese folder and add missing strings, delete unwanted strings. I found "WAW_Great_Library.txt" in English folder, should I add it into Chinese folder and translate it?

Comment

Thank you for reply. I'd like to reconfirm what should I do. I should use "gamedata" in English folder as standard, then check "gamedata" in Chinese folder and add missing strings, delete unwanted strings.
                Well, if you mean that you find the strings to be translated in the English folder, and have to translate those and add those to the Chinese folder then, Yes.

I found "WAW_Great_Library.txt" in English folder, should I add it into Chinese folder and translate it?
                Actually, this file should be removed, so don't translate it.

-Martin

Comment

Thank you for reply. I have translated most txts, delete unwanted strings, add and translate new strings, except great Library.txt & civ_str.txt, I only copied all new strings of Eng into their CHS version but not translate. You could check them in attachment and tell me what should correct. I tried edit the civpath.txt to run with 1056 Revision, but it displayed unrecognizable Code.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blackjack83; May 25, 2010, 22:29.

Comment

Working...
                  X