No announcement yet.

Eve Online or Star Trek Online??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd watched the episode 2 weeks before I played the game. It's pretty accurate. It was terrible in the TV show too -- thus the charm.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've played Star Trek Online, though I haven't played in a couple of months (I'll probably get back to playing it at some point, though). The space combat is very fun (especially the fleet action ones), but the ground missions were mediocre gameplay wise (I did like the fleet one, though). The game seemed unpolished.
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

EVE Online is fantastic

Comment

EVEs great but a little time consuming. As an economy the market system is quite interesting albeit simple. Its also quite easy to fund your monthly fees byt playing the market alone as well as making RL cash. So it doesnt have to complete waste of time either.
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

EVE is the best MMO, I have been playing since late 2005.

The best parts of PVE are Epic Missions, COSMOS, Wormholes, and Exploration Complexes.

The best part of EVE is the PVP.

I am part of an anti-pirate alliance which regularly hunts pirates in the Minmatar Republic.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I've tried many times, but I can't get into EVE. Just too boring, slow, plodding.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                EVE is the best MMO, I have been playing since late 2005.

The best parts of PVE are Epic Missions, COSMOS, Wormholes, and Exploration Complexes.

The best part of EVE is the PVP.

I am part of an anti-pirate alliance which regularly hunts pirates in the Minmatar Republic.

JM
                The real fun starts when the WH collapses after you enter
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  I've tried many times, but I can't get into EVE. Just too boring, slow, plodding.
                  I wouldn't be able to do what you and your boyfriend did in EVE either.

I actually think that EVE is a lot more of a social game than other MMOs.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Trying to explain EVE Online to this group is like trying to explain Nuclear Physics to a 5 year old.

Either you like it or you don't. It can be as boring or as interesting as you make it. Its about as pure of a sandbox type MMO as you can get. The game is what you make it, if its boring, its because you made it boring

I don't know anything about STO really except it not being finished seems to be a universal opinion not just here, but anywhere I see folks discussing it.

Well I have done my bi monthly visit, see ya all around Christmass
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius View Post
                      The real fun starts when the WH collapses after you enter
                      You just start looking for another exit (or another wormhole)

Not that big of a deal.
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

DP

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
                          Trying to explain EVE Online to this group is like trying to explain Nuclear Physics to a 5 year old.

Either you like it or you don't. It can be as boring or as interesting as you make it. Its about as pure of a sandbox type MMO as you can get. The game is what you make it, if its boring, its because you made it boring

I don't know anything about STO really except it not being finished seems to be a universal opinion not just here, but anywhere I see folks discussing it.

Well I have done my bi monthly visit, see ya all around Christmass
                          It's boring because it's boring. It's only interesting if you take an inordinate amount of time to make a game out of a non-game.

You call it a "sandbox" game, I call that a euphemism. It's true that there's many people out there spending 12 hours a day playing Eve and having a blast, but that's because THEY make a game that simply uses the EVE Engine.

The EVE game itself is horrifically boring. Why bother putting in the mission system, faction standings, etc when it's the most unfun, uncreative, dreadfully boring thing on the face of this planet?

I think it's criminal to pay monthly fees, considering the ineptitude I've heard about CCP in running the game, considering how little content there actually is, etc. What exactly are you paying $15 a month for? Have you ever thought of that?

Comment

It's boring because it's boring. It's only interesting if you take an inordinate amount of time to make a game out of a non-game.

You call it a "sandbox" game, I call that a euphemism. It's true that there's many people out there spending 12 hours a day playing Eve and having a blast, but that's because THEY make a game that simply uses the EVE Engine.

The EVE game itself is horrifically boring. Why bother putting in the mission system, faction standings, etc when it's the most unfun, uncreative, dreadfully boring thing on the face of this planet?

I think it's criminal to pay monthly fees, considering the ineptitude I've heard about CCP in running the game, considering how little content there actually is, etc. What exactly are you paying $15 a month for? Have you ever thought of that?
                            Like I said trying to explain it around here is like trying to explain Astrophysics to a 5 year old.

Good for you Asher, I am glad you discovered its boring. Just stay the **** out of the game, we don't want your kind playing it anyway.

Comment

The reason it's hard to explain is you can't explain it. The reason you can't explain it is because it's not fun.

Comment

The reason it's hard to explain is you can't explain it. The reason you can't explain it is because it's not fun.
                                Ever been part of a SAD campaign to destroy another alliance using psychological warfare? I didn't think so, so as usual you spout off your mouth and really have no idea what you are talking about. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Do you even know what SAD means? What the basic premises are? Probably not, and thats a fairly simple concept. And its almost impossible to explain or appreciate it unless you have been on the recieving or giving end. I had people explain it to me before I experienced it, and didn't really comprehend, until it actually happened to me.

Either you get into the game, and explore its infinite possibilities, or you don't. You obviously didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X