PolyCast Focus: "Courts of Candle'Bre"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Focus: "Courts of Candle'Bre"

In the aftermath of regicide, bringing order to chaos. "Focus: 'Courts of Candle'Bre'" features Lisa "qnl" Bang and Wouter "Locutus" Snijders from ModCast interviewing Chris "Velocyrix" Hartpence about his ongoing independent gaming project Courts of Candle'Bre.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; this is the sixth in its "Focus" series highlighting a particular Civ or Civ-related title, and the first since its second season. Sibling shows ModCast and RevCast focus on Civ modding and Civilization: Revolution respectively.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 02m13s | Introduction
    How Candle'Bre first got started, and how initial reaction greatly fuelled what was to come.
    - 04m47s | Appeal
    The people the game is targetted to appeal to.
    - 07m33s | Story
    Knowing the canon behind the game before playing it, and interacting within that story in-game.
    - 10m38s | General
    What is Candle'Bre anyway?
    - 12m41s | Victory
    The game's goals and victory conditions.
    - 15m25s | Infamy
    The 'Infamy' factor in Candle'Bre: defined and influencing.
    - 18m51s | Team
    Ongoing time commitment to the game's development, number of people involved in the project, why most of them are men, and how you too can participate.
    - 22m51s | Vision
    Comparing the original vision for Candle'Bre with its current status, changes in independent game development since then.
    - 29m35s | Revenue
    What of the revenue model for the game.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

It's been a little over three months since this special was released, but I have not received or otherwise come across feedback for it. I have been able to see from access statistics that it has been downloaded enough to have generated some kind of response -- trust it was an enjoyable listen for most if not all.

Comment

Not sure what to say other than I am glad that Solver is still continuing Candle'Bre's coding development.

re: Locutus' question around 22... I think that was a bit inappropriate. I suppose though that Locutus never saw the thread where Vel described all the numerous times that coding started over from scratch.

There was a little too much music in the lead-in first 5 minutes; but production value was generally good Dan-- thank you Dan Vel Qnl Hex, etc.

Good idea to end the outtakes with "there's a lot of things we usually edit out."
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
        X