X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears not ... but if this starts please email warningu2 at cogeco ca
    WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
    ---------------------------
    "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Hello, I'm still here!
      I'll pick it up soon again! Too busy with other stuff right now.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Good. Stay busy with that other stuff. It is important to get done!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I have gotten burnt out on the multiplayer games I have been playing recently (see my rant in the civ V section) and would love to play one of these again. I know I wasn't the best or most enjoyable player of these for others by a long shot but would love to participate in this one if there is space left. (I still say war should be more of an option in these and not have to be built up over weeks but that is ok I can adjust). If there is not room that is fine but I thought I would ask.
          A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Hey dacole!
            War is defenitely an option in these games. We've had many of them!
            It's just that winning and eliminating the other is not the focus of the game.

You're most welcome to join!

Signed up so far:
            - Dubhghlas
            - Hercules
            - Pinchak
            - St Jon
            - BranksDilly
            - Toni
            - WarningU2 (signed up by MP)
            - Rempedaalops (signed in as Egypt in DoC thread)
            - Black Knight 427
            - deity
            - The Priest
            - dacole
            - Robert Plomp

Maybe:
            - mzprox

That's 13 or 14 players already, 1 or 2 more would be nice, max room for 4-5 more players.

Comment

I'm a total newbie, but I'd be interested in playing if you'll have me.

Comment

Sorry for the double-post, but actually I had a concern. Are these played as PBEM or Pitboss and diplomacy takes place outside the game client? I wasn't sure from the FAQ (though I probably just missed it). If so I'd be interested. If I'll need to jump into the client for significant periods I might not be able to do so due to other commitments and wouldn't want to hamper the game because of that so I'd withdraw my application. Sorry for the waffling here.

Comment

amarriner - they are played pitboss with diplomacy happening via specially created anonymous apolyton accounts. So yes, you need to use CIV to play your turn, but the rest of teh fun just needs a browser.

And I wouldn't worry about being a newbie to diplogames/multiplayer CIV - the last two games have seen people new or nearly new to this format doing very very well. Being OK at playing CIV single player would help, but the design of the format is to allow everyone to have fun and contribute even if in-game your civ isn't doing that well.

And dacole - definitely join us, but could you tell me if you are next to me so I can find somewhere to hide?

Comment

Ah okay perfect. It wasn't so much having to use the client in and of itself, I was just concerned with having to be logged in for a few hours at a time that might be tough for me. Logging in to a Pitboss server to take a turn every so often should be no problem. Thanks for the reply! I'm in!

Comment

Most welcome, amarriner!

Signed up so far:
                      - Dubhghlas
                      - Hercules
                      - Pinchak
                      - St Jon
                      - BranksDilly
                      - Toni
                      - WarningU2
                      - Rempedaalops
                      - Black Knight 427
                      - deity
                      - The Priest
                      - dacole
                      - amarriner
                      - Robert Plomp

Maybe:
                      - mzprox

Comment

You are most welcome 'amarriner' and I believe you will enjoy it.

The last Diplomacy game was my first and here am I signing up to my next.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                          You are most welcome 'amarriner' and I believe you will enjoy it.

The last Diplomacy game was my first and here am I signing up to my next.
                          Same for me, last was my first and I loved it.

I think the the attitude to have is that you do your best but realize you're playing against some of the best civ players around so set your expectations accordingly.

The fun thing for me in diplo is that just like in real life, every nation, big or small, can have a significant impact on what happens.

Comment

Yeah I have no illusions about playing well, but I'm intrigued by the idea. Played a bunch of Diplomacy (the board game) in the past so I like that style game. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Anyone want to sub for a week in deity's pitboss game? If so, PM me.

Comment

Oh I know war is an option it just needs to be built up story wise first if I remember correctly. When I played before it was always no suprize attacks but I have some ideas for good story stuff. Been awhile since I did one of these, but have done them before.
                                A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Working...
                                X