Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I much rather like the idea of civs being assigned a "tier zone" and then players pick for themselfs from civs in their tier. You think there was b^tching during the other games about starts? This would truely open pandoras box with regards to OOC complaints.
    I agree with this format. I'm typically not big on complaining and i usually just go with the flow but if I don't have a choice as to what civ in my tier i can be then my interest in the game would be lost and i could not give the kind of effort i would have if i was using a civ i wanted.

Comment

• not just 'plomp them down' - sorry Robert

Apologizing for something you can erase but still don't
      Not to mention that they ar "ozzied down"
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Ozzy, very much appreciate all your work and careful thought on this. However I hope you can see that this has moved from 'a new diplo game' to 'a new diplo game on an earth map' to 'a new diplo game on an earth map with tiers' to 'ozzy's game with a ever person allocated to a carefully crafted civ by ozzy who is also playing'. There is a lot of movement there, and most of it hasn't been discussed or agreed. Even when we were voting on tiers / anonymity it wasn't a free vote because we were being told all the time that you had already done the work and it would only work with tiers.
        QTF

My concern isn't so much that Ozzy has so much control/knowledge, but rather that the more planned and plotted (by anyone) the more people will feel like they were put in a box. An element of randomness or player choice for that matter will go a long way as far as people not wanting to blame "God" for any misfortunate fate their civ might face.

Comment

• I am going to join the chorus of NOT WANTING MY CIV PICKED FOR ME and if some players know who players are then everyone should. Anonimity is of dubious value as far as I am concerned, especially if players are assigned to tiers of 4-5 players. I would also prefer no mod for this game and I don't recall having a mod being put up for vote. I am fine with the idea that there are tiers and players within a tier have to pick from certain civs (certain civs might want to be paired up so that if a players picks 1 of the pair that another player cannot pick the corresponding civ due to space overlap).

Note: there is a bug in the forum software (at the end of the first line of text I see the word "players" repeated at the beginning of the next line of text even though it only appears once in my post (which I doublechecked to verify).
          Last edited by Exploit; August 28, 2010, 10:37. Reason: Note about bug

Comment

• Getting more and more worried how much I am agreeing with Pinchak.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Priest View Post
              Getting more and more worried how much I am agreeing with Pinchak.
              Why would that worry you? You should feel enlightened!

Comment

• Ok, let's do the civ-picking per tier.
                I'll set it up and then we'll let everybody pick at a random order which will be determined by the following:

The Priest: please send me a list of random numbers 1-17 (like 5,3,6,17,14,etc.)
                St Jon: please send me a list of all participating players in a random order.

I'll add both lists together and we have the random order for picking.
                Then I'll setup the infamous civ-picker. We can pick pretty quickly b/c we have 4 tiers thus 4 people that can pick at the same time. I just need to set it up. I'm away with my inlaws for the weekend, so have some patience with me please.

Ozzy: can you please send me a list of availble civs per tier.

Comment

• Thanks RP.

Can we also address the question of map? Are we looking at a situation in which one player knows the full map and nobody else does?

Comment

• I think that the map should be released to everybody. It's an earth map, there aren't that much things unknown anyway. Only the maps, but I think they should be set on random, thus loading the map seperate won't reveal anything.

Comment

• Sounds sensible, but what on earth does setting maps on random mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                        not just 'plomp them down' - sorry Robert

Apologizing for something you can erase but still don't
                        Not to mention that they ar "ozzied down"
                        'Plomp' is not a term of abuse Robert. It is just an English informal word meaning to place somebody, or something, somewhere in an arbitrary fashion. In other words a 'like it or lump it this is what you've got' approach.

It just happens to be spelt the same as your surname and no pun was intended.
                        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                        - Anon

Comment

• Uh, that would be "plop", not "plomp".
                          I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• No it wouldn't.
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

• In Australia we say "plonk it down"

But then we only have one thing on our minds...

"plonk" = "grog" = "alcohol"
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I agree on Cyber's solution to his own mess

Maybe keep the final knowledge of who is in the tiers secret to improve anon. We'll all guess at some but that's OK.
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X