Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to suggest that a start date be determined so that everyone's expectations can be set otherwise people may lose interest and wander away.

Working backwards from the start date we would have the following timeline milestones

August x, 2010: Start Date
    August x-1, 2010: Map Creation Complete
    August x-?, 2010: Voting ends on Game Options/Map Creation Begins
    August x-??, 2010: Submission for voting questions ends/Voting on Game Options begins

Comment

• For map ideas, I would like to suggest using the Earth18civ scenario. I've always wanted to play a multiplayer game using the real world as a basis.

Comment

• Personally I would rather someone not in the game makes the map so it can be a surprise.

Comment

• An earth map would be an interesting idea!
          Yes, we need a date. And we also need 5 more players to confirm. I'll send them more mail/pm spam
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I've been wanting a huge Earth map for ages and we've never played a full diplo game on Earth since Civ2! (except for a few aborted efforts when Civ 4 first came out)

PLEASE EARTH!

Yes

And since many won't be ready for Civ 5 for quite a while (system specs, pitboss etc) I suggest Epic speed.

I'm really not keen on a normal speed game. I will not enjoy it...
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• I suggest no civs start in America or Australia and that they are full of huts BUT no huts on the starting continent/s - is this possible?
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                if it happens just declare war on the friendly nation too....
                Can you play this one?

I would welcome it
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Earth - happy yeither way, though is it hard on an earth map to get balanced starting positions?

New world - not so keen on - just gives a huge advantage to whichever nations are already in the lead at optics/astronomy. I can see the appeal and perhaps unequal positions doesn't matter if there is no game score component in the dipo victory scoring, but I doubt it will feel like that.

Epic - guess we all have out preference but thats at least 12 months play, i'd thing something shorter would be wise.

But other than that I agree with everything you say

Comment

• Earth would be fun, but like The Priest says, inevitably some players will have only one to three cities (Europe), whereas others will be able to grab much more land. Personally, I don't mind that much, as long as everybody is clear on that possibility and doesn't start feeling sorry for himself after a few months
                    You are all individuals

Comment

• Personally I am not a huge fan of Earth maps as it makes a very distorted game. I realise that raw power is far less important in a Diplo-Game but in order to write stories you must be doing something worth writing about. Poor little England is a no-hoper on an Earth map along with much else European.

The queue to get China or Mali will be very long indeed.
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

• Why not use a huge earth 2 map?

Comment

• What's a "huge earth 2" map?

And when you select civs on earth, you can skip civs that may lack enough territorium. It's own's own decision to take England, Spain or China.

Comment

• Earth 2 is just a regular random map you can select that makes landforms that kinda look like earth but not exactly and everyone starts in the old world.

Comment

• Yeah, Earth 2 (is that like Custom Continents?) would be fine.
                              You are all individuals

Comment

• I agree with The Priest though, new worlds give a huge advantage to the already leading civs. Not to mention that in all those diplo games there never happened real interesting stuff on these new landmasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X