Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Biological Purpose For Early Morning Erections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the morning wood in question arises from bladder pressure, I think it would be silly to bone with it. You'd be constantly putting more pressure on the bladder in bursts, sex would be painful and you'd never come.

OTOH, I just feel horny in the morning a lot, so I use it.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

WHY WOULD BLADDER PRESSURE MAKE ME HORNY, YOU SICKO?
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Well, you read the argument. I'm not endorsing that interpretation of the situation, just treating it as a hypothetical. And it's supposedly not that it makes you horny, just that it gives you an erection to discourage bedwetting.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I hate to give a - dare I say - serious answer, but I was always under the impression that the reason it happens is that the full bladder presses against your prostrate, which results in the aroused state. In addition peeing while in said state is hard to do not just because of the angle, but because we're wired up so that you can't pee during sex. But with effort you can make yourself do so.

Of course I have o idea if any of this is true, as I dare not google things like "piss" "prostrate" or "morning wood".

Comment

To clarify, it's prostate. Prostrate is a position.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturn...ile_tumescence

The cause of NPT is not known with certainty. Bancroft (2005) hypothesizes that the noradrenergic neurons of the locus ceruleus are inhibitory to penile erection, and that the cessation of their discharge that occurs during REM sleep may allow testosterone-related excitatory actions to manifest as NPT.[2]

Evidence supporting the possibility that a full bladder can stimulate an erection has existed for some time and is characterized as a 'reflex erection'. The nerves that control a man’s ability to have a reflex erection are located in the sacral nerves (S2-S4) of the spinal cord.[3] A full bladder is known to mildly stimulate nerves in the same region. This mild stimulus which during the day is normally suppressed in adult males by competing stimuli and other distractions; during sleep with the absence of such factors could instigate a reflex erection.

The possibility of a full bladder causing an erection, especially during sleep, is perhaps further supported by the beneficial physiological effect of an erection inhibiting urination, thereby helping to avoid nocturnal enuresis.

Comment

spoken like a good bottom, asher.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                  spoken like a good bottom, asher.
                  No, a good top is the one pushing all the buttons.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm a morning person, and there's something marvelously aesthetically pleasing about a thin ray of light from the window coming to rest on a pair of naked human breasts.
                    This is sig material.

I am also a morning person and I believe that the true beauty of a woman can only be seen in the morning, without all the makeup and tiredness that distort their image.

As for the sex, what I do is use my morning glory to poke around her behind in order to wake her up and get her in the mood, then go to the bathroom, and brush my teeth. Until I'm done, the morning wood has succumbed and I can pee with ease. Then I'm back to bed to make myself comfortable and mentally lay out my moves until she does her own freshening up; by that time, my wood is back online and it's happy hour. After sex, a quick nap to gather our strength and then onwards to a rewarding breakfast (which always tastes better after sex).

This is the correct order of things and I pity the fool who does his business differently.
                    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                    George Orwell

Comment

I wake up at 5 in the morning to go to work. Even sex couldn't motivate me to wake up an hour earlier. So color me a fool.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by axi View Post
                        This is sig material.

I am also a morning person and I believe that the true beauty of a woman can only be seen in the morning, without all the makeup and tiredness that distort their image.

As for the sex, what I do is use my morning glory to poke around her behind in order to wake her up and get her in the mood, then go to the bathroom, and brush my teeth. Until I'm done, the morning wood has succumbed and I can pee with ease. Then I'm back to bed to make myself comfortable and mentally lay out my moves until she does her own freshening up; by that time, my wood is back online and it's happy hour. After sex, a quick nap to gather our strength and then onwards to a rewarding breakfast (which always tastes better after sex).

This is the correct order of things and I pity the fool who does his business differently.
                        This is a family site, you sick bastard. Seriously apologize.

I think Oerdin's explanation is right, that it is an evolutionary accident when the bladder does things it should not have done and presses where it should not be pressing. This CONFIRMS my theory that you should not be having sex in the morning. Animals do not do it and our bodies are not wired for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                          It's probably to stop you wetting the bed when you have a full bladder, but we don't know for sure. Science here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturn...ile_tumescence
                          I should have known they'd have a wiki page on even this.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is a family site, you sick bastard. Seriously apologize.
                            Why should I? Morning sex is a natural mood enhancer that really helps man bear the burden of family life with a smile. It also helps the children learn about the facts of life in a natural way, by observing their own parent's love life and the effect it has on their behaviour thereafter.

This definitely is much more wholesome that having your kids drop nukes on their enemies, in a game of civ (which btw is as good as any videogame can get; imagine them just playing those ghastly modern fps games).

I think Oerdin's explanation is right, that it is an evolutionary accident when the bladder does things it should not have done and presses where it should not be pressing. This CONFIRMS my theory that you should not be having sex in the morning. Animals do not do it and our bodies are not wired for it.
                            I am positively surprised that, at least, this man is not a creationist.
                            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
                            George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                              I think Oerdin's explanation is right, that it is an evolutionary accident when the bladder does things it should not have done and presses where it should not be pressing.
                              You mean that bastard MikeH, right?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I believe God put us on the earth and wired us to not pee while we have bonars. If that makes me a creationist then I embrace the label. For the record, I am not a power bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X