No announcement yet.

Help me find out who this gay NHL player is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all a ruse. Everyone knows there are no gay NHL players.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It is only a matter of time before a current, team-sport athlete comes out. Asher appears to be on the scent with Madden; sadly, my time at U-M did not overlap with his, so I have no insight to offer.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You know, if BK reads this thread, it will reinforce all of his stereotypes about gay men. Except for being in the closet this guy is exactly how he thinks all gay men act.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
          You know, if BK reads this thread, it will reinforce all of his stereotypes about gay men. Except for being in the closet this guy is exactly how he thinks all gay men act.

ACK!
          Many gay men act like that because the choices are limited when you live in a closet.

If society rejects them, it's hard to live what most would consider a "normal life".
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's a lot at stake with a pro sports career. Obviously one of the worst situations to be keeping a lifestyle secret.

It's hard to believe he hasn't been outed, seeing as he goes to gay clubs and everyone there is basically a couple clicks away from a FB post or tweet. Heck, just doing the interview (not to mention, confiding to teammates) makes it pretty clear he either expects or wants to be out.

My guess is that it's an open secret in some quarters, with the gay clubgoers in the know closing ranks to protect him.

Asher, if it's not Madden, you're doing him a disservice. You definitely need to go undercover on this and ferret out the truth. Because the truth is "out" there.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think his chances of being discovered at an American gay bar are pretty low.

Hell, most Canadians wouldn't even know what John Madden looks like off-hand.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Most likely, it's John Grahame.

Comment

Why do you say that?

Comment

“I don’t know a lot about hockey,” I confessed at the beginning of the interview.

“You are American,” he laughed, “and you’re from California. But if you’re from Canada you just can’t escape it,” he tells me during our telephone interview from the lobby of a hotel.
                    American from California, and gay person from Canada [redundant]that plays hockey[/redundant].... pretty clear that this is Asher's thread about himself and Oerdin having a poly "meet"... (In a telephone booth in the hotel lobby )

Comment

This thread does not conform to the stereotype that there are no gay athletes.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Comment

As John Madden's wiki page says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Madden_(ice_hockey)

Madden is noted for his on-ice ability to kill penalties, play both ways, and score shorthanded goals.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

I thought the Chicago Tribune already figured it out

And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

sidney crosby
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X