Roman Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Strategy

Okay, I have been experimenting on GEM w/modern resources. I chose Rome w/Augustus Caesar. This map also has about 36 total civs. I'm also playing Noble Marathon.

In my latest game at around 1670 BC, My juggernaut has 5 cities. I have Stonehenge, great wall, pyramids and the recently completely Temple of Artemis. I have gotten BW, Masonry, Agr (Hut), Mysticism, Masonry, and Polytheism. I started Mono (I think I can get Judaism).

I have started Axemen. I have most of the french influence gone from my western city since the borders popped before the GW was Built. they are probably my first target.

on the other side, the Hungarians are a big problem. Probably looking at a second front. Budapest's culture is seeping into the eastern cities borders at the Great Wall.

I'm trying to figure out how I could of Played out this scenario better. I guess I'm hammer builder who wants to use the Legions as that hammer. I know I have in Rome's BFG copper, Iron, Stone, Marble, wine, cattle, wheat, fish. The map is giant with historically resources. So, I want to know what might be the best strategy to use with Augustus, or change him out for Julius.
    Flash
    Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
    the Moderator of the World Creators

Having never played it I could be way off here but why not get IW for Praetorians? They're Romes biggest advantage in a fight.

Comment

I haven't played in a while. I'm a bit rusty. I was trying to figure out a way to use Rome in a builder way, setting up a Hammer situation where you "Empire" build while still being able to lay the hammer down before the days of Praetorians would be over. But what I'm finding is the key to Rome is Beelining Iron Working and worry about culture and "Empire" building later.
      Flash
      Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
      the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

I played a scenario once, I think for Civ 3, where they had tricked out legion to also be able to build forts, just like in real life, and they rocked. I wish they had that ability in # 4

Comment

Yes if you are going for the quick conquest win with Rome always go to IW straight you can prob wipe 2 nations with a 8 strong Praet force.
          "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

i m agree with netherland(dob).

Comment

Roman Strategy is the best strategy for playing the game.

Comment

Working...
              X