Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Civ game since Civ II? Civ III Complete or Civ IV Complete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Civ game since Civ II? Civ III Complete or Civ IV Complete?

Hi!

I haven´t played any Civ game since Civilization 2.

Now, I am back with games, and I'm wondering if I should play Civ IV Complete, the lastest game of the saga; or Civ III Complete, which looks very similar to my loved Civ 2.

What do you think?

I was also a huge Civ II fan, but I mostly skipped Civ III. Civ IV, however, is a very good game - I would recommend it. You might also be interested in knowing that Civ V is currently being worked on and should be released later this year (most likely in the fall).
    Rome rules

Comment

Yeah, I know the development of Civ V, it's a great new.

So, should I skip Civ III, and go with Civ IV Complete?

It's my feeling that there are many things in Civ 3 and not in CIv IV? Or it's true and Civ III is easier?

Comment

Civ III was not good, almost killed the franchise. Civ IV rescued it, a great game and worthy of the Civ family.

Skip three, you won't be missing much, go straight to four, definitely worth it!
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Agreed, skip 3 and go straight to Civ 4 Beyond the Sword.

Had some good times with 3, but there's broken gameplay. Even with all the patches there are issues with it.

Comment

Yeah, Civ4-BtS, the best Civ game ever
            Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
            Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Ditto
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It seems that most people can agree that Civ IV BTS is the best of the Civ Franchise.
                It's worth getting, because who knows, maybe Civ V will be like Civ III, and many people will continue playing it until Civ VI
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix View Post
                  Yeah, Civ4-BtS, the best Civ game ever
                  QFT

Odd that, for a deity, I've never seen you before. Did you use to have a different name?

EDIT: I see, you inhabit the Spanish forums. Shame that so many people go thru there most of us have never 'met'.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                    EDIT: I see, you inhabit the Spanish forums. Shame that so many people go thru there most of us have never 'met'.
                    Yes. There are many good players on the Spanish forums. My english is a bit poor. Otherwise i'd be writing here more frequently
                    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

I'm one of the apparently few that actually liked civ 3 (to me the addition of cultural borders trumped everything else, I hated what the AI did with railroads every turn of civ 2), but even so... civ 4, and every later expansion of it has redefined what the hands down best version of civ is.

There really is no reason to play civ 3 now.

Comment

Working...
                      X