XML Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML Assistance

Okay, Civilization IV was working fine for me tonight, until I made the following changes in the following XML files:

Stonehenge (Civ4BuildingInfos): changed obsoleting technology info from Calendar to Civil Service

Calendar (Civ4TechInfos): changed irrigation from 0 to 1 so that this technology enables farms to spread irrigation

Civil Service (Civ4TechInfos): changed irrigation from 1 to 0 to negate its enabling effect that allowed farms to spread irrigation

After I made these changes, Civilization 4 would crash on me upon trying to launch it.
    What other XML files do I need to change? I looked in the XML Text folder for any civlopedia info that I need to change, but could not find what I needed to change.

Any help with resolving this will be greatly appreciated.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Most likely you simply screwed up the changes. Why don't you post the before and after code?

Comment

Okay, I will do that sometime tonight after I'm home from work.

Comment

It's been ages since I've last played Civ 4, and I can't find where I have been keeping the backup of the original XML folder. But below are XML text the way they are now, after I had changed them:

(this is for Calendar technology - I only changed the top line here, from 0 to 1)
        bIrrigation>1/bIrrigation>
        bIgnoreIrrigation>0/bIgnoreIrrigation>
        bWaterWork>0/bWaterWork>

(this is for Civil Service technology - I only changed the top line here, from 1 to 0)
        bIrrigation>0/bIrrigation>
        bIgnoreIrrigation>0/bIgnoreIrrigation>
        bWaterWork>0/bWaterWork>

(this is for Stonehenge wonder - I only changed the middle line from Calendar to Civil Service)
        MaxStartEra>ERA_CLASSICAL/MaxStartEra>
        ObsoleteTech>TECH_CIVIL_SERVICE/ObsoleteTech>
        PrereqTech>TECH_MYSTICISM/PrereqTech>
        TechTypes/>

I deliberately deleted chevron tags from this post, because when I copied and pasted the codes accurately, Apolyton read the tags, altering their display. But all the chevron tags ARE there in the XML files for the game - so that is not the source of the problem.

Comment

Comment

Can one of the mods delete the disgraceful spam post made by ellenchanchan in this thread?

Comment

Did you report it?

Comment

Working...
              X