No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN and the Yankees were the only ones who cared about the exact date and time of this inevitable occurence.

Live cutaways for every at-bat? Give me a break.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• It's a 24 hour sports network and the 7th person ever to hit 600 HRs is about to do it. They damn well better cut away for every at bat. If not, what's the point of the network?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• They should wait until after he hits the homerun, then cut away and show a reply.
        "

Comment

• You can't just show a replay of history in the making.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Of course you can.
            "

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
              It's a 24 hour sports network and the 7th person ever to hit 600 HRs is about to do it. They damn well better cut away for every at bat. If not, what's the point of the network?
              Haha. Last thing I saw said that he has been in a rut since he hit 599. He's had like 50 at bats or something since then. Do we really want a cutaway for each one?

Edit: Oh, he got it. Well done.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Like anybody should really care that a steroids user is hitting some 'landmark" number of home runs. It's not like he's going to get into the HOF. Who knows how many of those HR's he cheated on thanks to his steroid use. So I don't really care if he is the youngest player to do it... He cheated. It's NOT historical at all. Just proof that it's easier to do if you use steroid.

But yes... I'm glad it's over so that ESPN can cover something else now.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm glad someone else brought up the facts that I was struggling not to bring up.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Stop acting like a sanctimonious ass. Of course he's getting into the Hall. Not like Hank Aaron wasn't all on illegal amphetamines his entire career...
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It's not really the same thing.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• It's not the same ****ing thing because they were who you idolized when you were a kid. It's because you want to make a damned double standard. I hate you ****ers.

Comment

• And we have proof that Arod did it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
                          "

Comment

• So then Ming and Sloww should be all for Aaron and Mantle getting tossed out of the Hall.

And anyone else who says it's a "wrong" (or at least a Hall disqualifying wrong).

Comment

• If the drugs they used were "performance enhancing," and there is proof that they used them, then I'm all for booting them out of the HOF.
                              "

Comment

• Imran, the statement made was re: whether he WOULD, not whether he SHOULD.
                                Go argue with the BBWA.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X