No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can the Reds bounce back from something like that? Though, not that anyone really expected to win the series...
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That comments gives me a deja vu from 1984, after the Cubs drubbed the Padres 12-1 iirc in Game One.

I'm more concerned with the Twins, who really let a golden opportunity slip away. They seem to have a real mental block vs. the Yanks.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Though in 1984, it was a 7 game series. Easier to come back in a longer series. Falling behind in a 5 game one is brutal.

And Rays look like they are going to go down 2 games to 0 .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Uh, no. Check your records, Imran. Cubs won the first two, then lost three.

1984 NLCS - San Diego Padres over Chicago Cubs (3-2) series statistics and schedule on Baseball-Reference.com

As you say, it was brutal.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Go Rangers.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I'm all about rooting for the underdog. Go Rangers!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think the winner in the A.L. takes it this year. The Rangers had a harder time with the Rays this year than the aging Yankees.

"It's time." ~ Nolan Ryan
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Wow, Tim Lincecum with a great game. 2 hits, 14 K's of the Braves. 1 run is all that's needed.

Comment

• And the Yankees are the first team into the LCS, as they sweep the Twins, who can't do ANYTHING right in the postseason... and the Rays stave off elimination.

Comment

• The Twins can't throw on defense worth spit. It was disgusting to watch.

Comment

• Watching Phil Hughes, who I've been following since he was in AA, dominate for 7 innings in a playoff game was a thing of beauty. Damn, that felt good.

Well, I was wrong regarding the Yankees pitching. Pettitte came up huge, showing his injuries are not an issue. Hughes, I think, really benifitted from the extra rest. The O did its usual thing, and the D was solid. The Twins OF defense did not distinguish itself, which I expected. That's about the only thing I got right. Hey, I'll take it

Meanwhile, Rangers-Rays goes 5.

What is up with the ALCS starting on Friday? The latest the D-series could have gone is Tuesday. Minimum of 2 days off between. WTF?

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• That's the Phillies' choice. The #1 seed (Phils) chooses 2 days off before they start, or after they conclude. They chose the obvious "both".
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Well it's because of Halladay Oswalt and Hamels. Can't blame them. This way they can play all three.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Game 5 of the Rays v. Rangers on Tuesday! Lee vs. Price. Should be a great one!

Comment

• NLCS is set! Phillies vs. Giants as San Fran dispatches the Braves. Should be some GREAT pitching duels! Can't wait to see Halladay vs. Lincecum!

Comment

Working...
                                X