Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2011!!

Hope spring eternal.
    Spring training is over so a new thread is needed.

It's a glorious day
    The only team with a loss is the YANKEES.

Go Cubs.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

alright, someone explain Houston's centerfield

Sloww? Wtf is up with a hill in CF? I've seen this thing before and it aint kosher!

google sez

Playing Field: Three wall heights, various angles in the corners and power alleys, a 30-degree, uphill slope - "Tal's Hill" - for a center field warning track, and a flag pole in the field of play create unique actions for any ball that gets past an outfielder.

a warning track? A warning that yer about to plow head first into a hill because we put a hill in the way?

anyway, watching Tiny Tim now
    Last edited by Berzerker; April 5, 2010, 19:06.

Comment

Looks like Pujols will hit 324 this year. That's HRs, not BA.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sounds damn good to me and my fantasy team.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

The Cubs sucked, but the Sox looked good today.
          And Detroit won against a good pitcher today.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Not really. Detroit won against some crappy relievers today. Either way, I'll take it.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
              alright, someone explain Houston's centerfield

Sloww? Wtf is up with a hill in CF? I've seen this thing before and it aint kosher!

google sez

Playing Field: Three wall heights, various angles in the corners and power alleys, a 30-degree, uphill slope - "Tal's Hill" - for a center field warning track, and a flag pole in the field of play create unique actions for any ball that gets past an outfielder.

a warning track? A warning that yer about to plow head first into a hill because we put a hill in the way?

anyway, watching Tiny Tim now
              If there's a hill, it's there for everyone. I know of no such hill anyway.
              I consider it rumor and propaganda.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Buehrle probably earned a gold glove on his between the legs flip yesterday.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  If there's a hill, it's there for everyone. I know of no such hill anyway.
                  I consider it rumor and propaganda.
                  Propaganda
                  ...I felt the same way about Minute Maid Park. It's got a funky mix of features, most of which are pretty appealing. But some of them just don't quite work.

For example, the sloped hill in the outfield (it's called Tal's Hill after team president Tal Smith, who allegedly added the hill to park blueprints on a whim, expecting it would be taken out before construction) ... I'm down with it, because it adds a sort of beer-league degree of difficulty, making superstar outfielders look just as goofy as the rest of us every once in a while.

But the flagpole sticking up out of the hill? That's just silly...
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Data point:

Based on opening day rosters, the Yankees infield of ARod, Jeter, Cano and Texeira will make more money ($85+ million) than the entire rosters of over half (16) of the teams in MLB.

At least, that's what they told me on the radio just now.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ridiculous.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yeah, many of the other teams really should spend some money.

Comment

or put hills in the OF

Comment

Was that a wisecrack?

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              or put hills in the OF
                              Don't forget the in-play flagpole.

Comment

Working...
                              X