MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN link
    [snip]Rangers president Nolan Ryan visited with some of the injured fans and said he saw the fall out of his peripheral vision. He said the fan fell on a group of people, including a young boy who had a contusion on his face.

"You are concerned for the individual that it happened to and the people that may have been hurt by the fall," Ryan said. "I was very proud of the job our emergency people did. They got right on it and stabilized him. The people that he fell on, I went up and saw them and they were fine. I think we're very fortunate that it wasn't worse than it is."

The fan fell after Nelson Cruz hit a foul ball down the right-field line in the bottom of the fifth with the score 3-1 in favor of Texas. The man attempted to catch the ball and tumbled over the railing. The event left the ballpark silent, and play was suspended for 16 minutes as the field was cleared. Several players, including Indians shortstop Jason Donald and left fielder Trevor Crowe, were bowing their heads and appeared to be praying while others watched intently as paramedics were attending to the fan. He was taken off by a stretcher.

"I didn't see it, but I heard it," Donald said. "I heard the body hit and I heard the crowd reaction. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened. I was praying that he wouldn't die."

Ryan said he talked to the umpires about making sure the game was stopped as long as necessary to get the fan taken care of and on the way to the emergency room. Ryan said the television near his seats in the owner's box on the front row was out, so he didn't see any replays of the fall.

Michael Young, who was not starting for the first time all season, followed the foul ball as it headed toward the club level.

"It was a pretty disturbing visual," Young said. "I saw the whole thing. When he was about halfway down, I turned my head. I couldn't watch anymore. I'm glad to hear he's all right. I think guys on both sides were pretty shaken up."

Young said the players heard about an inning after the fall that the fan was stable and headed to the hospital. [/snip]
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

There were no replays on the station I was watching.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Rangers fan falls from stands - tv doesnt show actual fall

HD* Rangers fan falls from stands 7/6/10
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I didn't see it at all, but I wasn't watching ESPN/baseball/news last night. Not something that really needs to be replayed, imho.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

If they won't show a streaker or a fight, then they sure wouldn't show that happening.

Comment

So how drunk was he?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't know that he was drunk at all. He's a firefighter, as it turns out.
                The ball bounced after hitting about 3 rows back. Just reaction. Went to grab it and oh hell.
                I imagine it happened quickly.

Comment

I just saw this at ESPN. I had no idea. I'm shocked.

Cliff Lee was going to a contender no matter what. Turns out it was the Texas Rangers, not the New York Yankees.

"Just heard from [Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik]," Lee texted to ESPN The Magazine's Amy K. Nelson. "It's official. From last [place] to first."

Comment

I'm just happy he didn't end up with the Twins or Tigers.

Maybe Texas can actually make the playoffs this year. That would be cool.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Nolan Ryan started an ad campaign before the season started, "It's time". It IS time.

Comment

• Who are the ChiSox gonna move on now that Peavy is out for the season?

I continue to be baffled by the Tigers' success. They have no business being in first place, as mediocre as the starting pitching has been, and as inept the hitters have been on getting runners home from scoring position. I never, ever would've thought they'd be in first for any length of time, let alone lead the Twins by three games. I give 'em about a 25% chance of winning the division; less if the ChiSox get a pitcher to replace Peavy.

I give Cabrera a 10% chance of winning the Triple Crown, and about a 25% chance of having a psychotic break like he did in the last week of last season.

Comment

• The White Sox are just as likely to add a hitter to bolster their anemic offense as they are to add a pitcher.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Congrats to Bengie Molina for his hitting for the cycle.
                            Tom Grieve was the announcer for Texas. "Run, Bengie, run!" on the triple. Bengie was huffing and puffing.

Comment

• Well, it was fun while it lasted.

First Inge, now Ordonez. Wait til next year. Again.

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X