No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillies on the road against the Blue Jays in Philly this weekend.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Because of the earthquake?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Edwin Jackson - no hitter with 8 walks

I'll call that wildly effective

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          Because of the earthquake?
          Nope - G20.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Any takers for Zambrano? I suspect he can be had for a bag of balls and a fungo bat...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

and I'm sure the cubs would throw in all sorts of money.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He's being put on the restricted list and sent to anger management class. Nearest return will be after the All-Star break.

One hundred years provides more than several lifetimes full of highlights, some lowlights, and many memories. Here’s a look at 100 years of the Western Golf Association and the Western Open. …
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's decisions like this that just verify how wussie a sport baseball is. Yes I understand the limitations placed on teams, but let's be real here. OVERPAID PROTECTED BRATS. No offense intended to the small handful of exceptions to the rule.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm not sure what your point is.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

It's not the wuss factor; what bothers me is the fact that guys like Zambrano and Milton Bradley can be total tools, to the detriment of their teams, and still collect every penny of those guaranteed contracts.

We've heard the Zambrano "I'm so sorry" act enough times now to know it means nothing. Sure, the Cubs were idiots for signing him to a long-term $$$$$$$ deal ($95MM iirc), but when the player treats goes rogue and still gets full payment, like an entitlement program, there should be some recourse.

[I assume there is no recourse or the Cubs would have dumped him immediately.]

Comment

Denard Span, 3 triples tonite

thats gotta at least tie a record

Comment

Record is 4. But over 100 years ago.

MLB triples records including career triples records, single season triples records and game related triples records, research by Baseball Almanac.

Damn impressive in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            It's not the wuss factor; what bothers me is the fact that guys like Zambrano and Milton Bradley can be total tools, to the detriment of their teams, and still collect every penny of those guaranteed contracts.

We've heard the Zambrano "I'm so sorry" act enough times now to know it means nothing. Sure, the Cubs were idiots for signing him to a long-term $$$$$$$ deal ($95MM iirc), but when the player treats goes rogue and still gets full payment, like an entitlement program, there should be some recourse.

[I assume there is no recourse or the Cubs would have dumped him immediately.]
                            Baseball isn't the only sport with total tools and prima donnas.

Comment

I know. those hockey guys are a bunch of douches. [/troll]

Comment

I was watching this game last night on TV. The home plate umpire saw it happen, spun on his heel and started walking in the other direction. Players and fans were freaked out, too.

Rangers spectator hurt after fall from 2nd deck
                                Man fell while reaching for foul ball, taken to hospital

updated 10:31 p.m. CT, Tues., July 6, 2010

ARLINGTON, Texas - A male spectator fell from the second deck onto the field level seats while leaning to catch a foul ball at Rangers Ballpark during the fifth inning of Tuesday night’s game between the Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers.

Rangers executive vice president/communications John Blake said the spectator was “able to move all his extremities and was responsive to paramedics.”

Texas’ Nelson Cruz fouled a ball into the first row of seats in the club level along the first-base line, and the fan attempted to snag the ball before losing his balance and tumbling about 30 feet onto the seats below.

Paramedics were on the scene quickly to attend to the fan, who was strapped to a stretcher and taken by ambulance to John Peter Smith Hospital.

The game was stopped for 16 minutes and several players on the field looked shaken.

Four people in the lower deck were struck when the spectator fell and were treated at the ballpark for minor injuries.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X