No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rangers will leave them in the dust - FACT.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie View Post
      What's really funny is how they can suck so hard and still be in first place.

Well - it was fun while it lasted. The Phils offense sucks so hard that you have to pitch a perfect game and hope for an unearned run to get the win. And for the record, Maybin should have caught that. I'm mean, c'mon!!
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

NL Cy Young--Ubaldo Jiminez continues to be the second coming of Bob Gibson, while pitching half of his games in Coors Field! Roy Halladay, who just pitched a perfect game and has an ERA under 2, hasn't a prayer at this point.
        He's been lucky so far. He'll get hit up as Halladay was a few games ago.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It is looking like I may be attending Strasburg's first start.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

That should be memorable.

Like this:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I saw that. Ventura wishes he only got a noogie.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

From start to finish, he looked stupid. From charging an older pitcher, to older pitcher waxing him in front of millions, for evermore.

Comment

Nothing an Advil wouldn't cure
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Strasburg's first three outs (from Ozzy's vantage point):

And his first at bat:
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

14Ks and 0 BBs, in 97 pitches (7 innings). 4 hits, and responded very well from that 2 run homer.

Amazing debut for Strasburg
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

Amazing debut for Strasburg
                        Against the Pirates. They're a AAA team, not a Major League team. His first four starts are all against lousy teams:

Pirates
                        Indians
                        White Sox
                        Orioles

Wake me up when he faces a team that's above .500
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Still an impressive debut, especially considering the microscope he was under.

Next Roger Clemens? Or next Mark Prior?
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Are 'roids and injury the only two choices?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I was thinking "multi-Cy" and "epic fail"...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                                Are 'roids and injury the only two choices?
                                classic. But I was thinking along those lines also.

But considering the attention, I think he did fine. And I don't care if he does it against crappy teams as long as he's consistently good. You know they arranged it this way to help his confidence. (which I think was reasonably smart)
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X