X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's>Tigers
    "

Comment

• Um... the Phillies clinched on Thursday, IIRC.
      Nope, Phillies have a few games to make up. They just clinched tonight with Little Roy's win. Amazingly, he's still 8-9.

Personally I hope Big Roy throws an excellent game tomorrow to help him with the Cy.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• They clinched the NL East tonight, the playoffs thursday.
        "

Comment

• My bad.

In other news of the WOW!:

I heard an amazing nugget from Peter Abraham this morning. The Rays have now gone 753 games since they last used a starting pitcher over the age of 30.
          That's 2007!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th in the NL. It seems the Cy Young is a race between him and Halladay. I think Kershaw wins it this year because Halladay won it last year and he'll likely get votes siphoned off by Lee.

We all know who they AL Cy Young will be.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                We all know who they AL Cy Young will be.

And MVP
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• And wow... comes down to the last series and both leagues have heck of wildcard races.

The Rays only back by a 1/2 game on the Red Sox, but Boston plays Baltimore while Tampa faces against New York (maybe the Yankees want to "take it easy" a bit ).

The Cards are only a game back of the Braves, but Atlanta takes on Philly while St. Louis plays Houston.

Comment

• Wow, what a September finish. AL Wildcard tied between the Red Sox and Rays. NL Wildcard with the Braves holding a 1 game lead on the Cardinals. The AL #2 seed held by the Rangers by 1 game over the Tigers and the NL #2 seed held by the Brewers by 1 game over the D'Backs. Man, this is fun!

Comment

• I'm not too upset about losing home field, simply because the Tigers have been playing quite well on the road, by and large.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• You should be concerned... it's more than just "home field". Since the Wild Card is coming out of the AL East, the team that finishes #3 seed is playing the Yankees in the LDS.

Comment

• ...and?

The Yankees don't scare me. We beat the Yankees a few years ago as the wild card, and that was before Justin Verlander was Justin mother****ing Verlander.

The Phillies? They scare me ****less.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• So you'd rather play the team you hvae a 4-3 record against this season (Yankees) rather than the team you have a 6-1 record against (Rays)? Ok. I'd rather face the Rays or Red Sox than the Yankees.

Comment

• Does it really matter? If the Yankees are that good, they'll be there waiting in the second round. You have to beat them eventually.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It matters because Verlander can go 3 times in 7 game series, but 2 times in a 5 game series - slightly higher percentage of Verlander starts (42.8% to 40%).

Comment

Working...
                                X