Clear All

Ubaldo.

Just love saying the name, really.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

is that spanish for "Bald One"

Comment

OMG! Brewers beat Pirates 20-0? They need to put in some kind of "run rule".
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah... I have Rickie Weeks (Milw 2B) on my fantasy team. He started off going 0 for 3, and I thought, bad day for Rickie... but he ended up 3 for 7 with two doubles.

Yeah. 20 to Zip. Sounds more like a softball game where they should have invoked the slaughter rule.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good news: 4/5 of the rotation, including Phil Hughes
            Bad news: Javy Vazguez

Also, the Rays are scary good. But we knew that.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The amazing thing about the Rays is how much young talent they got. Niemann picked right up from where he left off last season, and David Price is blowing away people so far. In addition, Wade Davis (the rookie) is pitching very well. And then they got Jeremy Hellickson in the minors, who possibly could come up later this year if they need him.

I'm very happy that, so far, the NL East sucks so the Mets are actually in it (especially after the sweep of the Braves). Though its all from pitching as the hitting is abysmal (78 OPS+ but 137 ERA+). I mean without Pelfrey's amazing start and Santana, Niese, and Perez pitching well this team would be tied with Baltimore for least wins. The quicker Beltran comes back the better, as his replacement, Angel Pagan is horrid (57 OPS+), though Ike Davis's call up was a nice shot in the arm.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, the Rays have quite the pipeline of talent. They will need it, of course.

Price has looked fantastic so far. Scary.

The Mets... I wish 'em luck. They should be due for some good luck. They've had enough of the bad.

Also, having a guy named Pagan on your team is fun. Not quite as good as Satan (Bruins), but good.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

And after I did post that, the Mets win a doubleheader against the Dodgers and slide into 1st Place... something I didn't think would happen at all this year for the Mets... so that's nice.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the Tigers performance thus far, especially the current winning streak. If Verlander comes around like he did last year, they may actually have a shot at challenging the Twins for the division. (Before inevitably gagging it away in the final two weeks of the season, of course.)

Thus far, they are leading the AL in BA, OBP, and are fourth in SLG despite playing in cavernous Comerica Park. Austin Jackson can not continue to hit as he has been doing so far, but even a moderate decrease in performance would still make him more than adequate enough to soothe the loss of Granderson.

Still worried about the pitching, especially the rotation. Verlander will come around, but Porcello has been awful; Bonderman barely passable; Willis a disaster-in-waiting. They are last in QS in the AL at the moment, and probably will stay there for the duration. Thank goodness for the bullpen. Starter's ERA: dead last in the AL, 5.68, nearest other team are the White Sox at 5.22. Bullpen: first in the AL by an even larger margin, 2.23, with the Twins at 2.73.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      .. Pelfrey's amazing start and Santana, ... pitching well ...
                      Nice jinxing there

Comment

I think he loses his mystique the more you play him... Hitting is mainly familiarity with the movement of the ball coming at you, and pitchers are limited as to what they can throw so once you're used to Johan's change up and curve, the fastball becomes batting practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Thank goodness for the bullpen. Starter's ERA: dead last in the AL, 5.68, nearest other team are the White Sox at 5.22. Bullpen: first in the AL by an even larger margin, 2.23, with the Twins at 2.73.
                          Wow, I seem to recall the Tigers being in the opposite camp not too long ago. My how things change.

Overall though, yea, not too bad. Duking it out for first. This next series will be important.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                            And after I did post that, the Mets win a doubleheader against the Dodgers and slide into 1st Place... something I didn't think would happen at all this year for the Mets... so that's nice.
                            Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Dallas Braden has a perfect game through 7 against the Rays.
                              "

Comment

I have him.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X