MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Stadium had a flagpole in CF.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

They should have Rock 'n Jock rules.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Buehrle probably earned a gold glove on his between the legs flip yesterday.
        I saw the flip but I didn't see what led up to it. Why was he flipping a ball that was foul? I couldn't figure that out

but it was nice, and I believe the 1B barehanded the catch too. I think, I saw it once on a replay

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          I saw the flip but I didn't see what led up to it. Why was he flipping a ball that was foul? I couldn't figure that out

but it was nice, and I believe the 1B barehanded the catch too. I think, I saw it once on a replay
          Kick save and a beauty. I was wondering too until they showed a full replay.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
            Don't forget the in-play flagpole.
            and the fence was all whacky, it looked like a fort's wall designed with zig zags so defenders could have better angles. The LF wall got ~15 ft deeper all of a sudden leaving a nasty corner for visiting OFs to misjudge and end up on a stretcher, even worse than the RF wall in Boston

sorry, just visualizing myself trying to navigate that craziness while tracking a ball down.

Oh, he was goin for a dribbler down the line and booted it foul? Okay, that makes sense

Comment

First, the kick-save to prevent the (presumed) single up the middle.
              Then the race to the ball getting to the foul line in front of the runner.
              Then the blind glove-flip between his legs to first.
              Then Konerko barehanding the catch.

Definitely a beauty play.

Buehrle won his first Gold glove last year btw.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

and the fence was all whacky, it looked like a fort's wall designed with zig zags so defenders could have better angles. The LF wall got ~15 ft deeper all of a sudden leaving a nasty corner for visiting OFs to misjudge and end up on a stretcher, even worse than the RF wall in Boston
                Texans, more money than sense since 1836.

Comment

thx Rabbit, that was awesome. The kick was almost as good as the flip, I thought he booted a ball down the line but he was playing hacky sack with a shot up the middle - and then he chased it down too. Konerko got caught not knowing what to expect and the glovehand froze.

Comment

Texas became a state in 1845. Before that, blame Mexicans and/or Comanches. After that, blame the U.S. government.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

thx Rabbit, that was awesome. The kick was almost as good as the flip, I thought he booted a ball down the line but he was playing hacky sack with a shot up the middle - and then he chased it down too. Konerko got caught not knowing what to expect and the glovehand froze.
                      From what I remember hearing on ESPN, Konerko said he was just trying to get into position where he could catch the ball and let Buehrle know where he was, because while he didn't know how, he knew Buehrle would get him the ball somehow.

Comment

Slow: Oh what, you want to be considered part of the US when something bad happens, but an independant state for others?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Back to baseball....

Comment

Nice to see the Yanks take 2 of 3 up at Fenway. Maybe it's just having HD TV, or maybe it's that I've read a lot of studies posted online, but MAN does the umpiring seem to suck. Mostly balls/strikes. The blown calls go both ways, sure, but at this point I'd rather have robot umps.

The low strike basically doesn't exist, but east-west is wider than the plate. 3-0 pitches are basically gimme strikes. 0-2 pitches the opposite. It's messed up. It's probably always been that way, but I notice it more and more.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Does ESPN ever telecast a baseball game that doesn't involve Boston or the Yankees

And I'm starting to agree with your robot umps comment. The balls/strikes calls are totally inconsistent and vary too much between not only the umps, but on the count.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow! The night Ubaldo Jimenez blanks the Braves in the season's first no hitter, the Mets and Cards go 20 innings, the first 18 without a single run! What a night for baseball!
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X