No announcement yet.

MLB 2011!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It already is a joke... How can they keep Pete Rose out. He broke the rules, and they have denied him. It's no different than the steroid users. What about Shoeless Joe Jackson... he deserves to be in as well.

Some considered McGwire a lock to make it... and the best he can do is 24% of the votes.

And as far as Clemens... What about Bert Blyleven. He's been on the ballot since 1998. And granted he almost made it this year, he still hasn't made it in. He currently ranks 5th all-time in Strikeouts, 9th all-time in Shutouts, and 27th all-time in Wins. He is the only eligible member of the 3000 strikeout club, and the only person with 50 or more shutouts not in the Hall of Fame. If he was an proven steroid user, do you think he would have gotten close?

It remains to be seen when your supposed floodgates will burst. I don't think it will be Clemons. And Bonds is an arogant jerk and not the best poster boy either. People have enough reasons to hate him, and the steroid issue may still haunt him in his quest for the HOF.

Bonds may join Rose and Jackson as great players not in the HOF.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rose is somewhat different (though I think it's ridiculous as well). As betting on baseball carried the penalty of a lifetime ban when Rose was found out doing so. Not the same for steroid usage (and still not the same). Also in that context, Shoeless Joe not being is absolutely offensive.

While Blyleven most definitely deserves enshrinement, he is blocked by morons who want 300 wins or bust (Thank God for the Sabermetric movement bringing Blyleven back to prominence). Even saying that, Clemens is a far better pitcher... arguably one of the 5 best of all time (as is Bonds in terms of hitters).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• A classic In the trib this morning.

He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. But he doesn't deserve to know he's in the Hall of Fame.
        Filmmaker Ken Burns, telling the Television Critics Association that Pete Rose should be inducted in Cooperstown after he dies.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Sure, Roger Clemens "should" be a lock... one of the best of all time, blah blah blah blah...

Here are the results of an ESPN.com poll of Hall of Fame voters on Roger Clemens' Cooperstown candidacy in light of the findings in the Mitchell report (total responses: 100)

Question: If the Hall of Fame election were held today, would you vote for Roger Clemens?
          YES 37 (37%)
          NO 22 (22%)
          UNDECIDED 41 (41%)
          NOTE: Candidates need 75 percent of the vote for election.
          He would need to get the bulk of the undecided to get in...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• So right after a report is released voters overreact?! I'm shocked!
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Sure... dismiss real data if you want. At least it's real data and not just an opinion.
              I think it does point out that even a lock like RC might have problems in the future.

It doesn't take much to deny somebody entrance into the HOF.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I agree that there are a lot of "heads up their ass" sportswriters that will deny the roiders entrance while snorting their lines. It doesn't take many.

But I say let them all in and just say it was the roid era. And I'd also point out the speed era and the white era.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• My only problem with that is the slap to non-juicers (which I dearly hope includes Frank Thomas).

But the problem with that is that we'll never really know who juiced, and how much, for sure.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Cheese & Crackers

I just lost C Carlos Santana last Monday in our weekly league and now I lost Soto this week.

Comment

• ouch, Ellsbury was my 3rd ??? pick

and a total bust

get better Jacoby, thats one painful injury

Comment

• Middle of August and a few good races. The Yankees and Rays, obviously, as the two best teams in baseball try to get #1. In the NL East, the Braves who just lost Chipper for the year (perhaps for good?) get an under performing Derrick Lee and hope for the best as they try to stave off the Phillies! Both Central matchups are also intriguing as the Cards are only 3.5 back of the still on top of the Central Reds (who saw that one?), while the White Sox are 4 back of the Twins. And in the West, the Rangers are 7 games up while the Padres (speak of who saw that one) are up by 6!

Comment

• with my attention on fantasy I always lose track of the actual pennant races, Texas and SD are surprises

Comment

• I could care less about your fantasy team (no offense, of course) . I just think the real game is far more interesting...

Comment

• agreed, I wish my knees were still up to playing softball

Comment

• It's the reason God invented golf - a sport where you don't really need your knees .

Comment

Working...
                                X