Problem with Cradle III mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Cradle III mod

Hi. I´m the owner of the spanish version of CTP2. I bought the GOG verson too for playing the mods. I´m using GOG version, with Cradle III with the two updates, and the new Apolyton edition from 2010. When i´m playing and a Wonder is built the video makes a CTD.

Please, i like too much the mod, but is unplayable with that problem.

I'm assuming that you are using either Windows 7 or Vista. I'm still playing Cradle on my 10 year old computer using XP. The version of the Source code that I am using is almost a year old, and I have not upgraded mainly because that version has not caused me any problems. One crash in the past year, and I simply reloaded the autosave and had no further problems.

I'm also not sure about the Gog version, because I'm still using the original disk (actually the backup that I made, since I did not want to risk ruining the original).

My first thought is to try a separate clean install WITHOUT the Source Code
    (CTP2, Patch, Modswapper, Cradle) and see if that can get you launched. If not, then the issue has to do with Windows 7. There have been reports of issues with the OS in relation to older games. If you can get the game to launch, then there is a conflict with the newer version of the Source Code. (and there have been some reported issues between the two)

There is a thread here at apolyton.net in the CTP2 forums talking about the Gog download as well as movie problems and newer OS vs XP issues.

Worst case scenario is that I may have the version of the Source Code available that I am using on my setup, and I can use transferbigfiles to get it to you.

Or go into the CRA...wondermovies.txt file and change all the ''moviename.AVI'' entries to ''NULL'', which should deactivate all the movies. They are only eyecandy anyhow.

You can also turn off the movies ingame and see if this stops the crashes.

Hope this helps

Hex
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hi Hexagonian

My OS is XP. If i desactivate the wonder movies the game doesn´t crash, but the main idea is repair the problem to see the movies :-D I have also the original disk, but is spanish version and mostly mods doesn´t work. By that reason i've purchased the GOG version. I use the disk with GOG version to listen the music.
      I used an old version of cradle and wonder movies worked but in an determined turn the game crash. I discovered Cradle III and erased old instalation, and installed GOG, modswapper,Craddle III, updates including Apolyton Craddle III update, and last the Apolyton edition 2010.
      Regards Hexagonian, and thank you for your work.

Comment

The above link discusses a problem with Patriarchs attempting to convert a city from a boat that may cause a crash. The fix for that is to deactivate the ability in CRA...units.txt.

Most of the maps I play are primarily land-based because the naval aspect of the game has always been weak in the 10 years of the game's existance (the AI does not do amphibeous assaults with anything other than single units), and no-one has been able to figure out how to shore up that part of the game, so that may be why I rarely run into game crashes myself.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
        X