Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton is the 350th largest forum on the web.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton is the 350th largest forum on the web.

For all the talk about the place dying the truth is this place is still pretty high up on the rankings. Here's to Apolyton.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Nah, no dying. We're just a little slow between Civ releases. Wait till you see all the new posters Civ5 is going to bring us.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

CFC is 172 though.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Half our population consists of DLs.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
          Nah, no dying. We're just a little slow between Civ releases. Wait till you see all the new posters Civ5 is going to bring us.
          I've noticed there are a good half dozen new on topic posters lately and I think they came here due to civ5 being in the press a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
            The only one I can think of is Barack Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
              The other half are trolls and of course.....Ben.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It appears that the ranking is related to total number of posts ever, which is a completely useless metric for determining to what extent a decade old forum is currently active.

Edit: According to them we had 0 posts last week
                http://www.big-boards.com/board/52/
                Last edited by giblets; April 2, 2010, 11:04.

Comment

You could adjust how you determined the rank, but I agree. The total number of posts or even the number of members when looking at the entire history is reasonably meaningless.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Those ratings are rubbish. There are big forums that simply don't appear in that database.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't find WePlayCiv anywhere in the list.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

593/2337 by members. Although the Lacrosse forum has -29113 members.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          I've noticed there are a good half dozen new on topic posters lately and I think they came here due to civ5 being in the press a lot lately.
                          It's because of me, of course.

My Qualifying Exam is today, 2pm!
                          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

I guess even internet clowns deserve encouragement.

Good luck. Now get back to studying.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Right above Poly. Seems right.

Beast Forum
                              Beast and animal discussion board
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X