• Show
Clear All

• Shocking News!!

Ricky Martin is gay!!!

March 30, 2010
    Ricky Martin Is Livin' La Vida Open, Says He's Gay
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Filed at 12:24 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- Ricky Martin is no longer denying the rumors: He's gay.

In a statement posted via Twitter in both Spanish and English, and later confirmed with his representative, Martin said: ''I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.''

For many, Monday's announcement will come as no surprise; the ''Livin' La Vida Loca'' singer's sexuality has been speculated about for years. But the Puerto Rican star, who got his start as a child in the teen group Menudo, never directly addressed it and was usually seen at events with beautiful women on his arm.

Martin, 38, said he decided to reveal the truth after working on his memoirs helped him realize that he had to be free with himself, and not keep any more secrets.

''From the moment I wrote the first phrase I was sure the book was the tool that was going to help me free myself from things I was carrying within me for a long time. Things that were too heavy for me to keep inside,'' he said. ''Writing this account of my life, I got very close to my truth. And this is something worth celebrating.''

Martin said one of the reasons why he kept his homosexuality hidden was because he was told by some that it would hurt his career. While his U.S. career peaked after the release of his 1999 self-titled English album, a multiplatinum success that included the hits ''Livin' La Vida Loca'' and ''Shake Your Bon-Bon,'' he is still a hugely successful Latin artist.

''Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth,'' he said in his statement. ''Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions.''

Martin, who is the father of two boys born via surrogate in 2008, said he couldn't continue to hide his sexuality now that he is a father: ''Enough is enough. This has to change.''

Martin's book is still a work in progress.
    You what we need. Not a tasteless celebrity death thread, but rather a thread with a contest guessing when celebrities will out themselves.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Next up...Kevin Spacey
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One of the least surprising outings ever.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Anderson Cooper also may be next.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          You can say that again.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Okay, here it goes . . .

I'm gay.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Unbelievable!
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I know . . .

Comment

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                    Okay, here it goes . . .

I'm gay.
                    You have shattered my view of the world, and indeed universe...

You're not supposed to be funny, everyone says so
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Someone should start a Gay Pool. Predict who comes out for the year.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

$5 on Fred Phelps

Comment

Spacey isn't out?!?
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                            You have shattered my view of the world, and indeed universe...

You're not supposed to be funny, everyone says so
                            sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                              $5 on Fred Phelps
                              Fred Phelps was gonna come to my school and protest but he canceled due to bad weather. No lie. We're still not sure what he wanted to protest. "Being awesome" was the top candidate but it's anyone's guess.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X