Map saving / loading problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map saving / loading problem

I'm trying to create a scenario of modern-day Eurasia (with some concessions to keep number of civs down), but I've been having problems with loading the maps I've created.

While in CTP2 I can work on a map fine, and when I save (regularly, as a different file each time), it seems to work okay. But when I try to load one of my more recent maps, it doesn't load. It comes up with the message "GameObj.cpp Error - No such object". When I click yes to continue, the game crashes.

All my maps work fine up to when I started adding lots of cities. I have about 6 empires (with around 4 or 5 cities each) on the most recent working map. Every time I then add to this and save it as a new file, it becomes corrupt in this way.

Any ideas as to why that's happening?

Thanks,

Steve.

Edit: If it helps, I'm running Apolyton Edition
    Last edited by hgvev; March 22, 2010, 08:18. Reason: To add extra info

Steve, do you have a crash.txt and the save game that causes the crash?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I don't have one right now because I'm not at my normal computer. I'll post one of the offending maps and the crash.txt when I get back.

I've actually overcome the problems to a degree, by saving each map as a full game instead of just a map, then editing in cheat mode. But I'd still like to find out what went wrong, in case it happens again in the future (I'm hoping to make a lot more scenarios).

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X