recommend a portable music player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a portable music player

Ipod? What else is there? I need something for walking and dont know a damn thing about the portable players they have these days. And how do you download music? Is that free when you buy the Ipod or whatever?

date a singer.

Comment

not sure I could golf to a live performance

Comment

I have an iAudio X5, but only because I can't use a player that doesn't have a joystick.
        Try Zune HD. I think it has monthly subscription to unlimited music.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I love my Zune HD, especially because of the subscription.

Comment

No iPods, nothing by Sony. Both have annoying DRM BS to deal with. Beyond that...we have an extremely cheap SanDisk that's a couple of years old, and it serves us well as a car "radio."
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              No iPods, nothing by Sony. Both have annoying DRM BS to deal with.
              False
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

What's more important to you?

- Portability or song capacity?
                - Do you only want to listen to music or do you want also to play games, watch movies, surf the net, etc.?

As for the music itself, you either have to rip the music you already own, or buy music on an online music store. There's also a radio on some models.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I use a Nokia phone with a decent audio player. Xpress Music, or some such.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yeah, pretty much every smartphone out there has music storage and delivery, which is one less device to carry around. Don't shy away from Apple; they stopped the DRM thing awhile back, as Nostromo noted.

My guess is that you want to listen to music you already own, in which case most anything will let you rip from your CD collection.

Portable listening is a compromise in terms of sound quality, especially if you're using cheap buds or earphones. It will sound fine, but don't expect an audiophile experience.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Zune here too.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

If you already have ripped music converted to MP3 on your PC, it's just a matter of copying over to whatever you get. I have a Sansa and like it fine.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like my sansa too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo View Post
                            What's more important to you?

- Portability or song capacity?
                            - Do you only want to listen to music or do you want also to play games, watch movies, surf the net, etc.?

As for the music itself, you either have to rip the music you already own, or buy music on an online music store. There's also a radio on some models.
                            Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Yeah, pretty much every smartphone out there has music storage and delivery, which is one less device to carry around. Don't shy away from Apple; they stopped the DRM thing awhile back, as Nostromo noted.

My guess is that you want to listen to music you already own, in which case most anything will let you rip from your CD collection.

Portable listening is a compromise in terms of sound quality, especially if you're using cheap buds or earphones. It will sound fine, but don't expect an audiophile experience.
                            Portability and quality, limited of course by the headphones. I got nice ones (Sennheiser) but they'd only be good for walking. The golf course would probably require those tiny low quality ear phones.

Comment

I currently have an iPod Nano, but my next one will definitely be a Zune HD.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X