Source Code Project and Mod confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Code Project and Mod confusion

I'm confused... I have the latest version of the Apolyton Edition. Do you need to load a mod to have the "optimal" AE experience, or have the more popular mod features been incorporated into the source code project already?

as far as i know they havnt. except maybe the AE mod. but not Cradle or AoM
    (and personally I recommend CradleIII + sourcecode project... youll have to change some stuff to get it working though)
    Last edited by DakaSha; March 3, 2010, 20:26.

Comment

The main things that the Source Code addresses relate to the default game itself.

- Bug fixes
      - Interface upgrades, including more in-depth reports and information
      - Combat fixes

The Source Code also adds feature in the initial setup of your game (more civs, support costs, etc)

The Mods deviate more from the default game in the basic structure (tech trees, units, wonders, etc) and the Mods also also have more in the way of SLIC events and atmospheric features.

If you favor the vanilla game, the Source Code project is the way to go. If you want a game that really fleshes out the vanilla game, try a Mod (or Cradle with the Source Code...as far as I can tell, Cradle s the only Mod that does have a Source Code version, though the regular Cradle version may be more stable.)
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. That really cleared things up. Now do you know where I can download the Source Code version of the Cradle mod?

Comment

Originally posted by mljdtj View Post
          Thanks for the info guys. That really cleared things up. Now do you know where I can download the Source Code version of the Cradle mod?
          weplayciv.com

in the download section > CTP2 > CTP2 Mods

Make sure you download the original Cradle files, as well as the Apolyton Source Code Update

unzip the Mod, and then the SC Update over the top of it
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Cradle III (Default) problem

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
            weplayciv.com

in the download section > CTP2 > CTP2 Mods

Make sure you download the original Cradle files, as well as the Apolyton Source Code Update

unzip the Mod, and then the SC Update over the top of it

Thanks hex, that worked... Now I can launch all of the Cradle III configs using ModSwapper, but one... when I try to launch the Default version, Modswapper returns an error... "Run-time error '70' Permission Denied"... any ideas?

Comment

I believe that one is not valid with SC. (I actually have 3 separate installs of CTP2 on my computer, each one devoted to a separate Mod option.)

The reason why the options are there is because that particular file is part of the (first) full download, which was originally not intended for the SC, and the update cannot remove files.

From my Modswapper setup, these are the options that work with the SC

CRADLE III PHOENIX - (Gov-Specific Units)
              CRADLE III PHOENIX - (Epic - 2300 AD)

(Do not use the Original game option either)

To eliminate any confusion, open the various CRA...gamefile.txt files. Near the bottom of those files is the name that shows up in Modswapper. Remove the CRA...gamefile.txt files from your hard drive that you do not want to use.

Comment

Working...
              X