This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Story Thread Pt7 - March 2010]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "The Dance of Civilizations" (DoC)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The Dance of Civilizations is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

The Head of the military read the letter he had recieved from the Nativesd to the East.

He laughed and screwed the lettter up.

They want us to send them troops. They have treated us as enemies for thousands of years and now want us to send the mtroops .

Write back to them

"YOU MUST BE DREAMING"

Comment

Originally posted by Rome (DoC) View Post
      ooc: nice work!
      Thanks!
      I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Explosions filled the sky with different colors, has the citizens of Pendragon celebrated "We love the Chief Rep day."

While the crowds celebrated out side the council met for an urgent meeting. "My lords," said a soldier. "We have position of the item delta team was ordered to get. Over all the NXD-103x White Horse is everything we expected and more not only that much we have also found designs hidden in the White horse depicting other items of interest."

The councilors all looked at eachother then Chief Rep Peacecraft spoke. "Where is it now?" The soldier replied, "It is in one of our island fortresses. Our people are currently working to identify the power source of the White Horse. They believe they are close to the answer." The councilors looked at eachother again. "Soldier," said Chief Rep Peacecraft, "You have a mission of the up most secrecy and importance. Go to the White Horse and bring it to New York. You must not be seen by anyone is that understood?" The Soldier nodded then quickly left while the councilors continued to talk for a little longer before adjourning to enjoy the festivities.

The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

this is a story about the Resistance Army of New Persia

Darius conquers almost all of New Persia

After a couple of short battles, Darius became in charge of almost all of the New Persian colony. Only New Persia City remained in the hands of the Steward, who was hiding there with a few loyal armies.
          Many soldiers of the Steward had joined Darius after losing faith in Oroetes. Like most people in Media and Persia, the army had more faith in a modern future lead by Darius then by the old Hastogianistic line of Oroetes.

Often Darius had been facing large armies, fearing utter defeat, but then suddenly saw the Median soldiers lower their weapons and started to cheer for Darius.
          Some cities on the Median homeland already removed the banner of the Steward and exchanged them for the New Persian eagle with the face of Darius on it.
          It was not a matter anymore *if* Darius would be the new ruler of all of Media and Persia. The only question that remained was *when* this would happen.

Darius had already ordered his (new) soldiers to not kill Oroetes, but to bring him to justice and give him a fair trial, lead by Darius himself as the chief judge.

Apart from New Persia City, the only other cities that still supported the Steward (and in theory the Guru-leadership) were Media (city), Persepolis, Hastogsburg, Tarus, Sardis and a couple of minor cities in the southern provinces of Media.

Median soldiers desert Oroetes

Large armies of the Steward wave the white banner when confronted by Darius

Median cities support Darius, carrying his image and the image of former King Achmal
          Last edited by Persia (DoC); March 2, 2010, 16:43.
          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

ooc that what this game missing civil wars... maykbe in civ V

Comment

Originally posted by korea
              Indians intimidated and defeated the English in the last war witohut firing a single shot..
              Basil looked at the information received from the Korean ambassador.

"What's this?" he asked his aides? Why is the history of recent years so badly known here in Byzantium. This damned regency. Send a letter to the Korean ambassador:

"Ambassador of Wise Korea. We thank you for your information about recent the Indian/English war of which we have woefully few records. Can you provide more information to help fill in the gaps in knowledge here. When did this happen? What happened?"
              Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Chief Minister Pontiac, I hail your rise to power in America, and stand in awe at your military reforms and developments. America, from a Byzantine perspective long the distance, silent, giant, has definitely woken and the world will never be the same again.

In some of the early news emerging from your reforms, however, we saw an amazing error which, forgive me, caused some shaking of heads here in Byzantium. It was reported here - perhaps mistakenly - that the Americans believed that "the Indians intimidated the entire world and won battles without even firing a shot!". Can I be as bold as to remind you that the Indians have actually fought one war in history in which they were utterly annihilated despite their long planning, extensive espionage and their overwelming technoglogy. Thus I believe that the Indians actually have the worst military record in history. They have great sucess in religion and technology but I hope for your sake your pentagon examines more successful militaries.

Byzantium wishes you well - as the world continues to shrink maybe soon we will be neighbours, and we hope friends.

Basil II
                Basil II,

It seems the Byzantiums have somehow forgotten the recent Anglo-Indian conflict. India, lacking the valuable resource of coal sought to capture an English colony in the southern lands which had it. Rather than defend their people and their natural wealth, the English rolled onto their backs without firing a shot and turned over the city.

If England, by no means a small nation itself, grovels before the majesty of India, then it is indeed a mighty power they wield. For centuries, baying dogs such as Korea whine about anti-India alliances that never materialize. Their preoccupation with India demonstrate they measure their worth against India and are in awe of her. Their failure to act demonstrates their fear and obedience.

I stand by the statements from my auto-biography. "My Struggle" is a best seller here, I hadn't realized it has spread beyond our borders. I am pleased this book has made it to Byzantium. We hope your people - and your leaders - learn from this book. I do hope we can become friends.

-Chief Pontiac
                I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Ottoman Empire Consolidates Power

After the transition of power from the blood line of Mehmed to the appointed Caliph Mustafa III, there were many who remained loyal to the blood line and were unhappy with Caliph Mustafa III.

If they had it their way, Anna Hatun, daughter of Bayezid, grand-daughter of Mehmed II himself, would lead this nation to glory. The blood line believed in a strong military, while the merchants and Caliph Mustafa III believed in gold.

Caliph Mustafa III enjoyed absolute control of the nation after the exile of Selim, who had been defeated by the Russians in a drawn out war which saw every single ally of the Ottomans stand by and do nothing. Mustafa III made immediate peace with the Russians and distanced himself from the Persians and Britannia while strengthening ties with the Romans and thawing relations with the Taoist nations, India and the Natives.

It came to a point that the blood line supporters though, grew too powerful. Under the leadership of Anna Hatun, cities revolted, demanding that she lead the nation, rather than the weak Caliph Mustafa III...

Nations of the world!

On this day in history be advised that Caliph Mustafa III has appointed a new member to power, Anna Hatun, grand-daughter to Mehmed II.

Anna Hatun will control all military and foreign affairs while Caliph Mustafa III will retain the title of ruler and will oversee all domestic affairs.

Anna Hatun:

Leaders of the world,

I am the direct descendant of Mehmed II and I seek glory for my grandfather's honour, and for all that constitute this Ottoman Empire.

I have watched as allies stood by and did not help us while the savage Russians razed the great city of Mehmed.

I now watch as these wretched Russians prepare for another war with us. I have had reports from 3 separate nations to this effect.

To the Persians and Britannia, I say this, you have allied yourselves with the Russians now, and for this we are mightily offended. Our nation has done nothing to harm you both but yet you ally yourself with the conniving Russia who have either directly harmed you or plotted against you.

Know this, when this war begins, I will fight it with the tenacity of my uncle Selim, for this is what the Ottoman people want. We care not for gold or even our own lives, but only for glory.

To the Arabs who are now the new Russian toys, be warned that we have rejected your request for your colony and yet we see you making preparations to settle all the while. No doubt egged on by the Russians, be aware that we are well within our means to destroy you while we fight the Russians and that I will not be as merciful as Caliph Mustafa II was with your last attempt.

Finally, to my enemy Igor, you who make quick friends will also make quick enemies. You have some tricks up your sleeve and so do I. I know some of your plans, do you know any of mine?

Comment

Caliph Mustafa III,

You are mistaken.
                    We are not allied with the Russians.
                    We only signed a non-aggression pact with them for the time of 50 turns.
                    We did so to contain Russian aggression against Media and Persia.

We consider ourselves more allied towards your Empire.
                    We also forgive your remark that we did nothing when your Empire was under siege. We gave three technologies to you and upgraded your catapults while paying half the costs ourselves.

Please reconsider you attitude towards your long time friend and neighbour.

Steward Oroetes
                    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Originally posted by Native America (DoC) View Post
                      Basil II,

It seems the Byzantiums have somehow forgotten the recent Anglo-Indian conflict. India, lacking the valuable resource of coal sought to capture an English colony in the southern lands which had it. Rather than defend their people and their natural wealth, the English rolled onto their backs without firing a shot and turned over the city.

If England, by no means a small nation itself, grovels before the majesty of India, then it is indeed a mighty power they wield. For centuries, baying dogs such as Korea whine about anti-India alliances that never materialize. Their preoccupation with India demonstrate they measure their worth against India and are in awe of her. Their failure to act demonstrates their fear and obedience.

I stand by the statements from my auto-biography. "My Struggle" is a best seller here, I hadn't realized it has spread beyond our borders. I am pleased this book has made it to Byzantium. We hope your people - and your leaders - learn from this book. I do hope we can become friends.

-Chief Pontiac
                      Being avid readers of anything , the Koreans did read "My Struggle" and agreed totaly with it. All nations are not in awe of India , they are in awe of Indias huge alliance of India/Mali/Natives

If the Natives joined the ANTI-INDIA alliance then this would change the world fear level a lot. But till this occurs it is unlikely anything willl ever change.

Comment

(( Could you please talk about this Anti-India alliance in pm? It makes me feel uneasy.. I like to think that everyone likes me.
                        Btw India is not allied with the Natives, never really was. We respect them as a Taoist nation. ))

Comment

Great Chiet Pontiac,

Thank you for your explanation. Yes indeed Byzantium's time under the regency has left key gaps in our knowledge. I am shocked and amazed to hear of this India-English war. When the Indians threated nations such as my noble neighbours the Egyptians and Inca, all understand that they need to compromise for they are small in comparison. But I had always thought that other larger nations (though still smaller than the Indians ) would follow Byzantium's example of standing up to such bullying, and as did proving that wicked aggressors can be anihilated. But it seems I was mistaken.

I am not surprised that your work is a best-seller. We continue to be eager to learn from you and to build a relationship with you for the good of all.

Basil II
                          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Leadership of Korea,

Can you elaborate on this Anti-India alliance?
                            Why am I, leader of Persia, not invited into this alliance?
                            Why is there an alliance? As neighbour of India I can only confirm that the Indians are good neighbours, even to those who do not share their ideology.

Why is there not an anti-Oroetes Alliance?
                            Where was an alliance when the Medians invaded New Persia and enslaved all of us?
                            Only the Indians were there to stand up against the illegal Steward.

You speak about this so called alliance already for ages.
                            Are you just talking big out of nowhere?

I call upon all nations on earth to end war!
                            We, the Persians, will lead you away from war!
                            Too long have we all lived under the shadow of Hastog!
                            But now there's hope on the horizon! A new day for man!
                            Let's leave our twists behind us and step forward on the new roads into the future!

Let's unite as the human race, help each other and teach each other.
                            We are humanity!

King Darius of Persia

Comment

Public Announcement Regarding Ottoman Threats

It seems the Ottoman have learned a lesson from Russia and now seek glory in our image.

Is this blustering a formal declaration of war? Since threats of war have been made clear, Russia invokes its defensive alliance with Orb, requesting that any and all troops available to aid Russia in fighting a defensive war be sent to Russian lands.

Russia furthermore offers an olive branch to Arabia to join in the defence against Ottoman aggression that is currently blindly lashing out in all directions. Our common interests are clear, our common enemy prepares to move against us both. To fight together will be our pride.

Furthermore, Russia requests that Persia cancels all open border agreements with Ottoman if war is declared, so as to not violate the non-aggression treaty, which must be said to include a guarantee of refusal to support any war against Russia by allowing Ottoman troops to move through Persian territory. If Persia is serious about its new line of hating war, perhaps aid to avoid a war could be requested.

Russia also offers a military alliance to the Natives who have taken after Russian philosophy and we would be proud to fight shoulder to shoulder with a nation that has chosen so wisely in its political forms.

Russia also requests any aid from our longstanding friends in Byzantium that can be spared, a small backwards nation (11th in size) is being attacked by a larger aggressor which is openly supported by Persia with great value in military technology. Russia has no such friends, but we will still fight without fear. Byzantium has long been sympathetic to our cause and we therefore request that we now stand as equals in battle against an enemy that wishes to destroy us.

Finally, Russia wishes to request the opportunity to purchase or borrow Machine Guns from England to ensure that war can be avoided.

In no way have we sought a new war with Ottoman who make lies that Russia has further claims upon Ottoman. We do not, we have stated this repeatedly. We are despite our minute size, content with the territory we currently control.

The Ottoman may move against us, but Russia does not cower in fear. We fight with the tenacity of the Russian spirit. Unyielding, incomparable, glorious.

The Russian Foreign Ministry
                              Last edited by Russia (DoC); March 1, 2010, 18:57.
                              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                              The Russian Dynasty:
                              Samo the Headbanded
                              Catherine the Progenitor
                              Dominika Ekatarinova
                              (Konya the Lost)
                              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Working...
                              X