replay through the scenarios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replay through the scenarios!

So I am starting a replay through the scenarios of civ IV and its various expansions just for fun. I haven't messed with these much so should be interesting to see how I find them. Done the American revolution one so far and will be posting about it here. May play this one again from the British side will have to see. Anyway will be posting about them here editing this message as I play more of them. Feel free to post your thoughts on them or play them again or for the first time along with me!

American Revolution!
    A very fun scenario as it is always fun to replay history. Not at all an accurate rendition of the revolution as the Americans have it WAY to easy. But parts of the true historical issues come out in surprising ways. During the American revolution one of Washington's main problems was money and this is adequately represented in the scenario. The millita that appear when cities are attacked dissapear soon after. This leads to suicide runs with them just to wear down the enemy but is accurate somewhat historically. Soon after the first few turns as war weariness takes its tole you will start loosing money hand over fist, if you spent the early money you had, especially if you spent it unwisely (like on ships) beware!

The problems come in when you look at the tactics needed to win. The americans are actually able to go on the attack and that is really the only way they can win. This is pretty inaccurate historically..as much as Washington would have liked to take colonial possessions from Britain he really didn't. He won mostly by staying alive...the help from abroad is a nice addition but it is to easy to think it didn't do anything. Besides the money recieved they don't seem to do much...as well once you know where the british recieve their reinforments (since it is always in the same place) meta gaming is easy.

Definitly a normal speed scenario as well changing the speed makes it much harder since when Britian gets reinforcments isn't tied to the speed like your ability to build is.

Overall enjoyable but don't expect to be able to win by using new tactics like focusing on a navey . Really though you shouldn't be able to do that anyway though would have been incredibly unrealistic.
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem
Working...
X