Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton CTP2 Edition: Revision 1056 (28-Feb-2010)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
    So you mean I shall buy a Windows7 and a new hard drive and test the game on them.

-Martin
    Maybe you should read his post again?

Comment

Surprised the game hasn't crashed ever since. Sadly, my Windows 7 machine suddenly decided to bug out and now it turns out into endless reboots without description of what's going on.

I examined a lot of gameplay, and I am quite confused with how diplomacy works. Civilizations with high regard and even with Alliance suddenly decides to attack me, for no reason at all!

Comment

Some other things I've seen:

- The out-of-place invisible units are still there.
        - Loading a large queue on multiple cities will crash the game.
        - The new combat... well, I can defend cities with slavers now!

PS: Is there any way to show the scores of other civilization? That would be a nice feature request! How much score a Civ has on Science, Military, etc... or a percentage value, the same used on the zero sum graph.
        Last edited by LemurMadness; March 11, 2010, 19:04.

Comment

Crash while playing wonder movie

Hi,

At my computer the current version crashes always if it tries to play a wonder movie.
          The crash file is attached.

Thanks
          Heiko

Edited by Martin Gühmann so that no one has to download this crash.txt again:

Code:
          Version 2010-02-27
            0x0068ec4e  [?Process@aui_DirectMovie@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x1be]
            0x00665d2d  [?PlayOnScreenMovie@aui_Movie@@IAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0xdd]
            0x0068e912  [?Play@aui_DirectMovie@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x1f2]
            0x00666814  [?Idle@aui_MovieButton@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0xe4]
            0x0067ca32  [?Idle@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Region@@@Z + 0x92]
            0x0067c9f5  [?Idle@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@PAVaui_Region@@@Z + 0x55]
            0x0067e5a8  [?Process@aui_UI@@UAE?AW4AUI_ERRCODE@@XZ + 0x18]
            0x0040bd03  [?ProcessUI@CivApp@@AAEHIAAI@Z + 0x1b3]
            0x0040c12b  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
            0x00406e74  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
            0x004068a5  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
            0x0080ec5c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
            0x7c816fd7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be3f1df]
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; March 12, 2010, 15:19. Reason: No need to download a little file

Comment

Sounds really silly, but I can't find the crash.txt dump anywhere...

Looks like the problem with the queue is when you load a queue with items that the city already has...

And migrating your capitol removes all of your former's improvements.

Comment

Heiko, for some reason I talk about the content of the crash.txt and not about the files itself. Simply it is a hassle to download it and to look for it on my hard drive, here is it with the bug description and the same place.

[QUOTE=LemurMadness;5763097]Sounds really silly, but I can't find the crash.txt dump anywhere...

It is sopposed to be in the logs subdirectory of your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder. However, I remember a strange thing with Vista, namely that it puts all the savegames into a subfolder of the MyDocuments or somewhere in the program setting folder. Well, just use windows search to search for it.

If you can't find it maybe generating logs is disabled, zou can enable generating logs in your userprofile.txt, which may be also somewhere else on your harddrive than your CTP2 folder.

Originally posted by LemurMadness View Post
              And migrating your capitol removes all of your former's improvements.
              You mean it does not only removes the capitol from the city building list but also all the other buildings?

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Playing along nicely although ran into a pretty stupid AI behavior:
                I had a research pact with the AI for more than 30 turns (which I had forced it into), then I finally got it to agree to a trade agreement and a military agreement, hoping we'd be allies soon. So the AI send his first 4 unit stack my way but then decides on the third turn to attack my first city and miserably looses against the 4 units in there (i.e. total loss on his side, no loss on mine). I don't mind the AI trying to deceive me but it's pretty stupid to enter a military agreement only to dishonor it 3 turns later - if anything, it should have mooved deap into my territory with lots of units and then crippled me (and that would have worked I'm afraid)

Comment

I have a database error when starting a game. Anything like Longbowman and Elephantrider sprite not found. Sorry, for the weak description, but my game is on another PC.

Comment

My game crashes when I finish the turn 1918 AD (on the turn of the next player, concurrent with a crash sound of a unit). Savegame attached.

One more thing that I noticed when playing: When I get an advance from a goody hut or a player, this messes up my current science project. it seems the project is stored in a relative manner, not absolute, so when the selection changes (because of getting another advance) so those the project...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                      God old games (gog.com) has released Call to Power 2 as online download. Their version is officially licensed and so must be supported by the Apolyton Edition. Therefore the Apolyton Edition does not require the CD anymore.
                      I saw that gog has some people commenting on the game. This would be a good place to advertize the source code project. Anyone have a gog account and can ppost a link directing people here?
                      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Sweet! (although I guess I should've been checking here more frequently). I guess I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend!
                        ---

Comment

Cant wait for the next version

Comment

Hi there. I found this mod of ctp2 and as an old fan of ctp2 i instantly wanted to test it. So i installed the game, patchted it to 1.11 and copied the unzipped into the the folder. But now i get an error, if i try to run the game.
                            the first Errorbox says
                            "add_str.txt linie 36:error
                            Could not find text for id DoNotImportDefaults"

The next Error says
                            "CivApp Error
                            Unable to init the database"

Can someone please help me ?

My OS ist win 7 on 64-Bit. I try the compatiblymodes, but that didnt help.

Comment

I found a bug I'd like to report. For some reason the game will not allow me to load missiles into nuclear submarines that have been upgraded from submarines. I built a new nuclear submarine and was able to load the missiles just fine.

My guess is there is something with the upgrading process and going from a unit that can't carry cargo to one that can. Otherwise the unit seems to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wozer View Post
                                Hi there. I found this mod of ctp2 and as an old fan of ctp2 i instantly wanted to test it. So i installed the game, patchted it to 1.11 and copied the unzipped into the the folder. But now i get an error, if i try to run the game.
                                the first Errorbox says
                                "add_str.txt linie 36:error
                                Could not find text for id DoNotImportDefaults"

The next Error says
                                "CivApp Error
                                Unable to init the database"

Can someone please help me ?
                                Looks like the new executable did not overwrite the original. So I just would put the Apolyton Edition over it again and check whether the executable was replaced, which you find in your ..\ctp2_program\ctp\ directory.

-Martin
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X